How HP Does 93 COBRA's Have?

QuickStangs

Established Member
I know they say 235 from the factory that's underated from what I've been told. I had mine dynoed last year at a smog shop it was around 260hp the guy missed a gear while shifting into third :eek: so I will be getting it done again soon by the pro's. Give me some inputs guys:)

93 COBRA

Established Member
I've heard of stock 93 Cobras making 230-240 at the back wheels. Would be about 270 at the flywheel.

NotSoTame

Established Member
mine is making about 265-270 at the wheels with the mods i have, but i also have lots of miles, well just say its almost a 0 mile cobra again, but i think some of that is becouse the guy i got it from had the 3.73's put in with out adjusting the spedo gears, coem to think about it, i havent fixed that yet, time to post a new thread

1qwkpny

Established Member
hp

:read:
The actual '93 Cobra engine is basically the 285hp long block in the motorsport catalog (285 rating was with the GT-40 intake) so considering the fact that the Cobra intake makes about 10-15 hp less than the GT-40 then a final flywheel hp rating would be like 270hp. Which would explain why my '93 Cobra (#104) runs the 1/4 in 13.27@104mph and 1.88 60ft at 1100ft above sea level this car is 100% stock except for a bassani X-pipe and 3.73 gears everything else is 100% stock even the tires/wheels. I havn't touched the timing or modified/removed the stock airbox (ex. k&n panel filter) or any of the easier stuff. I basically spun through 1st and mostly through second. AM I happy? Damn straight cause there is a lot left in her, but with only 6400 miles all put on by me I'm not really looking to do to much except enjoy for what it is.

Kingcobra93

With 21,000 miles on the clock with only the air box removed and the timing bumped up to 14 degrees initial timing my Cobra dynoed at 235 rwhp.

love bandit2

Established Member
I saw a stock 93 cobra run consistent 14.5's at the track on saturday. The guy said he just bought it and it is bone stock down to the paper filter. I think that there were either some stong headwinds that day, or the track is longer than a quarter mile, cause there were LS1 f bodies there doing some pretty good launches that couldn't make it out of the 14's. There was a 96 Cobra there that couldnt get a time below 14.1...

Users who are viewing this thread