How many guys are still here from many years ago?

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
It is great to see some of you post again. We were a tight group.

I remember exactually when I sold my 1995 Cobra R (300 HP). I bought a 2019 Mustang GT350 (526 HP with better handling).
95Cobra3.jpg

I remember Gingerman and other events. Heck yea that I wish I kept the 1995 Cobra R. We all make bad decisions at one time. This was one of mine.

I went with a 2019 Ford Mustang GT350. Not the same soul as the 95CobraR but has a special Ford engine.

2019GT350a.jpg

MSRP:
2019GT350MSRP.jpg

Any other guys that sold and looked backed?
Doc

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Doc,

I was really surprised when you sold your R. They are such a raw car to drive and "feel" like a race car on the street. Rough, noisy, hot....raw. The 351 was a torque monster and 139 still puts me back in the seat when I drive it.

I can't imagine parting with either of mine. I just don't know what I would replace them with that would give the same driving sensation.

SN95s are getting hard to find and not seen often. I have people approach me all the time telling me how great it is to see an SN and then realize it is an R, which they've never seen before.

There wasn't a single R of any year at the MCA 60th Anniversary!

Tom

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Tom,
*"I was really surprised when you sold your R."*

I was at the 60th at Talladega. I had no idea that you were there (I was home before the Sunday race),

I simply ran out of storage space, and a guy needs space to keep cars so the 95R is at a new place at an old collector here. He owns three buildings. I have first choice if he sells it.

As I am getting old, I do enjoy the modern A/C and the extra 225 HP of the current generation of the 2015-2020 GT 350 Mustangs. I am looking for another one.

I wish we had a plan to meet in AL.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
I haven’t really seen much posted on any forum about the 60th anniversary meet - was it a bust, or just lack of pre -S550’s? LOL…

Was there any pre-S550 R’s at the 60th at all? Any Fox Mustangs?

I know the 50th was a huge turnout of many models of Mustangs.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I joined when I traded my 01 cobra for a DSG 03 cobra in the fall of 2002. Gdamn can’t believe how the time has flown by! I barely had hair on my balls back then, now I barely have hair on my head..

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I haven’t really seen much posted on any forum about the 60th anniversary meet - was it a bust, or just lack of pre -S550’s? LOL…

Was there any pre-S550 R’s at the 60th at all? Any Fox Mustangs?

I know the 50th was a huge turnout of many models of Mustangs.
There were LOTS of S197 and S550's, and generally "GT" class of cars. I do not recall even seeing one GT350R or B302LS that was not on track.

There was a good group of Saleens and SSP cars. There were 3 Saleen coupes (quite rare to see). There were a few special low mileage Foxes, just not a lot.

There was not one Cobra R (93 95 or 00).

A comment made that might make sense, is that collectors find it easier to simply get into a late model car that is bigger, AC works etc, than a low mile "special" car (having to trailer etc). Also folks like me that went with out a car (well Hertz rented me a nearly new S650 4 cyl, and that was nice to experience my 1st S650)

Users who are viewing this thread