How many years will the Shelby be made?

SteveEvo8

Established Member
I would say as long as ford is making good money off of them. They will not be limited like many had thought.

However no matter how many are out there it WILL NOT be a car that "gets old" to see on the road.

Just my .02

Steve

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
supposibly its going to be a 5 year run. But ford is redesigning the mustang in 2010 so i dont see how its going to be a 5 year run. Im guessing 3 years. But who knows..half of me loves the new look of the shelby but the other half thinks its just too plain. Although i saw one at a local dealership the other night and boy did it look good.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i have never seen any evidence of a 5 year run.

as of right now its a two year run(i believe this is the shelby contract, with options), and latest news from ford is that they will extend production by one year. that would be 07, 08, 09 if your scoring at home. also ford has the ok from the epa for a 3 year run in its current setup. the 09 epa tests are significantly tougher than they are today.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i have never seen any evidence of a 5 year run.

as of right now its a two year run(i believe this is the shelby contract, with options), and latest news from ford is that they will extend production by one year. that would be 07, 08, 09 if your scoring at home. also ford has the ok from the epa for a 3 year run in its current setup. the 09 epa tests are significantly tougher than they are today.

What he said is what I heard...my guess would be 3 years as well...

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Most likely 2, since 09 is gonna have a few changes, and 2012 is Hole new version. but 3 seems right ?

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
We knew literally over a year ago, from official press events from Ford, that production was going to be 2-3 years and production would not be limited, and would infact be built to meet demand..

How the dealers have convinced some people that these were going to be a limited edition vehicle (one of these people I even see in this thread), And were going to be "hard to get" for years to come, is truly a lesson in how hype rules over common sense.

People that paid over MSRP are:
A) Impatient/rich. (wanted to pay a premium to be one of the first to have one)
or
B) Stupid
or
C) Stupid and Impatient.;-)

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Purvis said:
People that paid over MSRP are:
A) Impatient/rich. (wanted to pay a premium to be one of the first to have one)
or
B) Stupid
or
C) Stupid and Impatient.;-)

like who cares what people pay?

calling people stupid because of a certain percieved price is meaningless in itself! they have one and you want one! yea who is the stupid one?

SteveEvo8

Established Member
By not having a GT500 does not mean you're a stupid person.

And yes that ABC list is very stupid as well.

However you can argue both points, you might be stupid or you might be dumb for buying the GT500 for over MSRP... But that decision is ultimately left up to the person who bought the car.

Steve

rocketman

Established Member
Agreed...paying over MSRP is silly. This is not a Porsche, Ferrari, or Z06. But if you have money to waste...god bless

Last edited:

1bad04cobra

Established Member
I think it will be 2 or 3, but either way, with the upcoming models from chevy and dodge you better believe ford will keep up with the high horsepower motor,no matter what they call the car:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread