How much would you pay...

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
How much would you pay for a 1998 Black Cobra with the listed stats:
Have receipts for everything installed...
42k miles on car
6k miles on new motor(installed 9/03)
MAC hi-flo cat h-pipe(installed 9/03)
150 shot of NOS(installed 9/03)
In-line 67gph fuel pump(part of Stage II NOS kit)
D1-SC Procharger Race kit which has 3-core sheet metal intercooler(installed 1/04)
Paint is perfect on car...previous owner kept it garaged
Interior is perfect no scratches, never been smoked in, never ate food in her and leather is still beautiful
Have not abused the new motor...haven't even had a chance
Has chrome 98 cobra wheels(they are starting to pit so may need to be replaced)
80% tread on all 4 tires
42# injectors(1/04)
80mm mass air(1/04)
Autometer fuel pressure gauge mounted behind the hood
Autometer oil pressure and boost gauge mounted on full pillar

Last edited:

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
mid teens maybe? I apologize if thats not what you were thinking or too low.. high teens?

mambaman

Established Member
i'd say high teens at a very minimum, i guess it depends on the condition. a lot of guys are paying $13k-$14k for a stock '98 cobra, so i would expect quite a bit more for yours. also, just as a side not, if you can afford to, i'd wait to sell until warmer weather, i got mine in the winter for $2k of the original asking price because no one wanted a sports car in the dead of winter.

NODOZE

Established Member
Myself, I would not pay more than 13-14k. But, I'm a tight ass :) And I look for stock cars, mods lower the price I'd pay... again, just me. You'll have a smaller market with mods on it like that. Be patient is all I can say... you could probably hold out and get 16-18k with the right buyer...

-Brian

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Darcsun
High teens, but the N1O makes it a hard sale.
I was thinking that but me being the honest guy that I am...I had to add that in. I could remove the NOS kit in about 10 minutes but I would have no need for it. I have invested $14k just within the last 5 months and I do not expect to get that back out of it but I was hoping someone would say high teens. I might be going to ebay soon with her. I will probably be replacing it with a 95-96 F-150 because I like the older body style and you can get some for about $7k with only 60k miles.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I say remove the NOS kit. That does tend to scare people. 15-17K i would say b/c of the new motor. I am sure you would have no problems selling the NOS kit either. Good Luck.

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
I would remove the Kit as well. When I see a car with nos I always think of something that be put though hell and back.

D-Cobra

Established Member
you have a supercharger and 150 shot of NOS running on stock internals? have you ever had any detonation or NOS backfire problems?

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by D-Cobra
you have a supercharger and 150 shot of NOS running on stock internals? have you ever had any detonation or NOS backfire problems?
I took the following segment from what I wrote on my first post in this thread...
6k miles on new motor(installed 9/03) *** <------------*******
MAC hi-flo cat h-pipe(installed 9/03)
150 shot of NOS(installed 9/03)
In-line 67gph fuel pump(part of Stage II NOS kit)
D1-SC Procharger Race kit which has 3-core sheet metal intercooler(installed 1/04)

Users who are viewing this thread