How safe is your mustang

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Please quit with the gas tank explosion crap. There are tons of Mustangs on the road, and I haven't heard of one fire from them. Not saying it doesn't happen, I know it does, but I've never heard of it.

BTW, Blue Oval News is known to be an anti-Ford site. They publish a lot of crap.

Any car that gets rear ended just right will explode. Keep that in mind.

justice

Established Member
You didn't read my post!!

Its just something all owners should be aware of, not paranoid about, just aware of.
This has nothing to do with Ford.

justice

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Should I be aware of the fact that I could get in a severe accident while driving to school? Should I be aware of the fact of the 75 year old lady driving the lincoln town car that is swerving left of center and coming my way? Or how about the kid chasing the football across the street?

No shit I should be aware of a gas tank explosion. There are a lot of things no one thinks about, and my gas tank exploding is one of them. It's something that you can't control, unless you get a fuel cell.

Therefor, unless you want to live your life in a bubble, QUIT WORRYING!

I'll say it again, since you obviously didn't read MY post. ANY car, pay special attention to the word ANY, will explode when hit right. So start walking if you can't assume the risks that comes along with driving.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
If you REALLY are paranoid of gas explosions, try riding with me after I stop at at Taco Bell for a bean burrito. I'm tempted to rig a tube into the air intake---who needs NOS?

Pyro

Established Member
My gas tank isn't the unsafe part....It's my right foot that's going to get me in trouble!!

love bandit2

Established Member
The back of my '98 GT got crushed by a woman going 50 MPH in her intrepid. The back seats were leaning up against the front, and guess what? There was no fire or explosions! The car was completely ****ed, but to the amazement of most people on the scene, I walked away from the accident with little more than a bloody nose (from the airbags that deployed when I hit the car infront of me) and whiplash.

Users who are viewing this thread