How to clean PC Pads

FriscoCobra

Established Member
Any suggestions on cleaning the pads? I just got my pc and have absolutely no idea how to clean the pads. Thanks for the help

NXGHOST

Established Member
Just run them under warm water while massaging the pad. When the water runs clear they are clean.

SVECobraR

Established Member
i put a little bit of dawn in a 5 gallon bucket, dilute it and let the pad sit for 10 -15 minutes then i hose it down, making sure i took all the glaze, polish, etc. out and let it dry. How about cleaning microfiber towels? I'm about to clean mine and i'm thinking let it soak in a mixture of dawn and warm to hot water, but very little dawn.

jpk

Established Member
I got some microfiber cleaner from Pinnacle, you use a few capfuls in your washing machine instead of laundry detergent and throw all your microfiber and terry cloth in there. They come out soft and spotless. I got it from pinnaclewax.com I think that Scott at SMP sells something similar from Clear Kote or Poor Boys.

Supposedly it can be used in a bucket to soak PC pads as well, but I've never used it because I don't have a PC. You could also try soaking in Snappy Clean.

Users who are viewing this thread