how to get brown film off tires

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
Well, the brown film is on my wives 03 Explorer. The tires just turn brown after a while. They are stock BFG's. I put blackwall stuff, but it turns brown again after a couple of washes. Maybe I should just put my 03 Cobra rims on the Explorer :dw: Afterall, they are both 17 inch

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
I use a product called A2Z wheel cleaner by Eagle One while I'm cleaning my rims I hit the tires with it also - let it soak in for a min.then hose it off (it helps if you have a pressure washer) then use a light coating of your fave tire shine.
I mention light coating because the rubber soaks it in and it doesn't spin it all over your freshly washed & waxed paint

Last edited:

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
Go to Wal Mart and buy castrol degreaser in the gallon jug in the auto section, and a spray bottle. Pour the degreaser in the spray bottle and dilute with water if you want. I don't add an water. Spray it on your tires right before you wash your car. Be careful not to get any on your paint, it won't take it off but it is a very potent degreaser. once you spray it on you will see the brown melting off!

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
I got one better- Take a fairly stiff scrub brush like a wheel brush and use Soft Scrub on the tires and scrub like hell. Shins the tires like nobodys buisness, just use some tire dressing.

Users who are viewing this thread