How's this? Couple of ?'s

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Thinking of starting a notchback project. X2C shortblocks' 331 with the low compression and the necessary components for a blown 331. Or maybe a single turbo 331. I was curious if there would be any problems with me driving the notchback around with this low comp. 331 as a daily driver before I got some forced induction, will it hurt the engine? Sorry im new to this compression stuff..:read:

What would you guys recommened? what type of blower? clutch? tranny? I was thinking tremec or maybe a t56.

thanks

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I think with a blown 331 you need to think about getting a built C-4 or something. On a single turbo setup on a well built 331, you could easily make 500+rwhp and that's already too much for a tremec to take. And look at the T-56 swap thread. Hardly anyones done it and I bet it costs a buttload.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Damn, I really like the thought of a blown 331 with a stickshift because I think it'd get boring driving another automatic car. Maybe i'll look into a single turbo 306.

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
You can do a blown 331 with a stick.Go with a 8.0 to 8.5 compression would be perfect for a turbo or supercharge car.For the stick ck out G-force tranny outstanding, but the tremec TKO can handle alot of power I have one in my car and rand a best 10.22@128 mph.Tremec Tko can handle 500 horse easily.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
K, now im getting mixed things here. one says it can handle 500rwhp and another it cant? I'm confused. I need something that'll hold right at 500rwhp thats my goal since it'll be a street/strip car.

Always likes the sn95's so i'll probably find one of those and get a 331 w/a t60-1

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Listen i have a tremec TKO street/strip car with nitrous it probally 600 rwhp.So take my advice I had it in my car for 2 years now with about 10,00- miles on it and probally 25 passes too.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Originally posted by 87fcoupe
Listen i have a tremec TKO street/strip car with nitrous it probally 600 rwhp.So take my advice I had it in my car for 2 years now with about 10,00- miles on it and probally 25 passes too.

Hey, thanks for the advice. Hopefully I can bring this project that rests in my mind alive.:-D

Users who are viewing this thread