HP Tuners 2.25 BETA Release (2011+ Mustang supported + others)

U CAN'T C ME

Established Member
Eric

Is there away to make the fuel pump stay on with out running the engine? The reason I'm asking is I like to run my car at a half a tank at the track and sometimes I need to drain off some fuel. Now I have to run the car to do this. I have looked in the fuel system table and I see the minimum run time for the furl pump can I change that to make it run with just the key on and engine not running?

AWDLS2

Established Member
exactly, unless your tune will change the timing i.e. add more 2-4 degrees of wot timing with e85 and then taper that back out down to e10, and unless it will change the lambda set point i.e run a bit leaner when you have e85 vs e10 then its really just a dual fuel car w/o any performance benefit except knock protection with e85.

when flex fuel adjusts it changes the fuel stoich not the lambda set point.. not the timing.
it does change timing as well so timing is optimized for both 91 and E85.

All I wanted to know if the 5.0 has that capability without using a sensor

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
it does change timing as well so timing is optimized for both 91 and E85.

All I wanted to know if the 5.0 has that capability without using a sensor

Yes, it does.

Is there away to make the fuel pump stay on with out running the engine? The reason I'm asking is I like to run my car at a half a tank at the track and sometimes I need to drain off some fuel. Now I have to run the car to do this. I have looked in the fuel system table and I see the minimum run time for the furl pump can I change that to make it run with just the key on and engine not running?

Yes, that can be done.

cb900f

Established Member
Hi Eric,

Any updates with the scanner? I also see that the compare function doesn't work? Any idea when that might be working?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread