Huh.... 06 cobra ??

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/f...ORvsLYSHOLM.pdf

Bottom of page.

This says no twin screw.

:shrug:

Finally, those who claim that the new '06 Ford Cobra, '06 Ford GT500 or Lightning will use the Lysholm Twin Screw are again
dead wrong. The '06 Ford GT500 will utilize a new larger displacement Eaton 120 (2 liter) to handle the 450HP, instead of the 2.3
Lysholm. Reason: Ford chose to keep the Mustang's power level below the Ford GTand felt the HPwas adequate, so the more
efficient Twin Screw was not necessary.We love it! Replacing the Eaton's on Cobras and Lightnings with the Kenne Bell Twin
Screw has been proven to add huge performance gains to these vehicles and has become an important part of our business.
And yes, Kenne Bell will be offering an all new more powerful Twin Screw Upgrade Kit for both the '06 Mustang GT500, the Ford
GTwith 2.3 Lysholm - or any Ford vehicle with an Eaton Roots type supercharger.

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
They're wrong. You can check it out yourself through the ford website.

Edit: It was on the ford news site but I couldn't find it just now, oh well. Does anybody know where to find this?

Last edited by a moderator:

BlkSVTCobra

Established Member
The new "Car & Driver" magazine has the new GT500 Shelby mustang in it. It looks awesome and the wheels look good! serious car for being estimated to start msrp just under $40,000.

Dig-It

New SVT Poster from 2005
Established Member
32V GT said:
They're wrong. You can check it out yourself through the ford website.

Edit: It was on the ford news site but I couldn't find it just now, oh well. Does anybody know where to find this?

http://www.svt.ford.com/vehicleGT500.asp

"With the stout cast-iron, 5.4-liter Triton V-8 engine as a starting point, the Shelby Cobra GT500 adds a screw-type 8.5-pounds-per-square-inch supercharger and water-to-air intercooler."

-from SVT's own website. I'll trust their word over KB's about the 2007 Shelby Cobra GT500 (vice "the new '06 Ford Cobra, '06 Ford GT500").

"SVT hasn't officially decided yet" is what I was told when I called them.

Last edited:

Paleoc

Established Member
Fn'sh!t^ said:
http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/f...ORvsLYSHOLM.pdf

Bottom of page.

This says no twin screw.

:shrug:
As stated in other threads. The supercharger is a twin screw Whipple. The image shows that it is whipple (it matches bolt for bolt) and not a kennebell or lycomb (which look different). The Whipple website says it's a whipple and even gives the model number. And a SVT rep at a recent showing told one of forum members that it was a Whipple.

putawaywet

Established Member
That whole KB post reads like some seriously old news. Just look at that first line: "Finally, those who claim that the new '06 Ford Cobra, '06 Ford GT500 or Lightning...."

Regardless, I don't think there is any disputing who's unit is on the concept car, I think we are more conerned with who's unit ultimately winds on on the final production car.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Eaton and Whipple both licensed to sell the Lysholm twin screw design. So in effect even if it is a whipple or Eaton twin screw it's still, for all purposes, a Lysholm?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread