I doubt it

03Cobra

Established Member
With all due respect, that is impossible -- thye have not yet released any -- and if that could possibly be true, more the reason why I am happy I cancelled my order and got the Porsche

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Would all you Porsche drivers please find a Porsche board to post on an leave us Cobra Drivers the Hades alone, its been good talking to you..... now go away.

03Cobra

Established Member
Hades? Oh my goodness gracious. Would it be better to know that I was one of the first to order an 03 vert and that I have gotten the run around from the Ford dealer and the Factory? I think yes. Seems like discussions such as these provide an important discourse.

The fact that I was looking quite forward to the Cobra and that I could and can afford anything I want is very important. See, "conquest sales" such as mine are important to Ford. I was even thinking of ordering a Jag with the 400hp to replace my E55, but given the process I have just gone through, I will not. I will, however, stick with my 02 Supercrew (tho that may go when the new Cayenne comes out).

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
jeez ed,

you sound like the kids on the Grand Prix forum that I used to visit regularly.

the point that oh3 makes is an important one. for me I can't afford a new 911. If I could, I too would get one. Hell if Dodge suddenly lowered the price on the Viper to $38,500 I would get one of those...

The point here is that ford should listen to us. Hopefully they will be shipping cars tomorrow or Wed at the latest... and my car will get built this week and I will have it soon. The wait and the delays have been almost too much...

Ed, if you don't like people speaking thier minds there are plenty of countrys in the world where that exists. Fortunately, this has never been one of them... Feel free to move to the repressive nation of your choice.

Chances are they won't be driving cobras there...

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by 03Cobra
Hades? Oh my goodness gracious. Would it be better to know that I was one of the first to order an 03 vert and that I have gotten the run around from the Ford dealer and the Factory? I think yes. Seems like discussions such as these provide an important discourse.

The fact that I was looking quite forward to the Cobra and that I could and can afford anything I want is very important. See, "conquest sales" such as mine are important to Ford. I was even thinking of ordering a Jag with the 400hp to replace my E55, but given the process I have just gone through, I will not. I will, however, stick with my 02 Supercrew (tho that may go when the new Cayenne comes out).

Hmmm..I understand your liking for the Porsche, they are very sweet cars. I see for your posting that you have many different cars. I am a little curious as to why you couldn't wait or since you seem to have money to burn, find another dealer that would put you higher on their list? Patience is a virture we all need to have while we wait for the first 03's. Those 30-60 days will fly by soon. I also was very early in the ordering process and I haven't recieved a VIN or a build date yet. I have my DORA so I can rest assured that one has been ordered in my name. Good enough for me.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

03Cobra

Established Member
As I noted before, given the absolutely poor customer service (from the dealer and the factory) and the worry about quality control (even the Mustang enthusiast magazines have noted the cowl shake, rattles, squeaks, etc. in the test cars that, although beta versions, should be -- more than others -- bug free 'cause the press will be reporting their observations from the experience), and my desire for a convertible now, I took a pass.

I have owned many Mustangs including a 1970 Boss 429, a 1970 Boss 302 and a 1966 Shelby GT-350, so I love 'em. BUT when buying a new car, I expect -- no, I demand, excellent customer service -- particularly before I buy the car. I can only imagine what kind of service they will provide after I pay for the car.

My $0.02.

03Cobra

Established Member
Did I mention that Porsche will pick the car up at my home on a flatbed and return it on a flatbed FREE OF CHARGE when doing serive -- even a oil change! Ford? Maybe a bad cup of coffee after I drop the car off and wait forever for them to change the oil.

But hey, I just called fror service on my E55 Mercedes (0-60 in 5.0 for a 4 door -- not bad) and the earliest they have for servicing is June 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03Cobra

Established Member
Whine? Take a look at the other threads -- youu will see a ton of whiners -- Me I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Users who are viewing this thread