I envy you Cobra owners!!

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Now, dont get me wrong, i LOVE my 04 Sonic Blue L, but i took a ride in a 03 cobra, with about 14psi, and i absolutely fell in love.. :bowdown: :bowdown: The way the power comes on in that car, was just incredible. i was orginally a muscle car guy.. big motors, big torque, but the Cobras just hit soo hard.. I have to say, that the car is one of the sickest cars Ford has ever built.. :burnout: :burnout: I would love to trade my truck for an 03/04 rocket.. Ok im done :thumbsup:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I have to agree with you... I have driven my buddies Camaro's, Transam's, and I even wanted a lighting myself, but when i drove my 03 cobra when it was stock at the dealership, I was amazed at how nice and fast it was 100% stock. The day I test drove it, was the day I bought it, and I am glad I did!

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I agree the 03/04 cobra are simply badass!! I just traded my 03 lighting in on a 03 cobra about two months ago and love my cobra!! BUT I do miss my Lightning!!

OrangeVenom

Established Member
same here i had a trans am for the longest time but these cobras would blow the doors off of my old trans and i did a lot of work to it

stangfreak

Established Member
gotta love my cobra. i aint sellin this thing for anything. its simply a badass car, simple as that

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
In a way I kinda envy you because if I could afford to have both my car and a L, it would be a Sonic Blue Lightning... :beer: I know what your saying about the '03/04 Cobra, I just took my buddy for a ride for the first time since the KB install. When we got back he had this look on his face like he just saw a ghost, lol, priceless.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
This car is my dream car! Sure I'd like a Ford GT or a Saleen S7 or something, but if I never drive those cars it's not a big deal....I love this car, always have, always will. I'm simitten. Going from an aniemic GT to the Terminator is like living in a cardboard box and then winning a $10 Million dollar lottery, at least for me it is. There is no car that I'd rather have...THANK YOU FORD AND SVT!!!!!!!

-Mike

Silver 03 Cobra

I sold a hood I had for my '99 Cobra to a '99 owner yesterday from SC and I gave him a ride in my 03 with a KB at 19 psi. It totally screwed him up.

Chameleon

Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
....The way the power comes on in that car, was just incredible. i was orginally a muscle car guy.. big motors, big torque, but the Cobras just hit soo hard.. I have to say, that the car is one of the sickest cars Ford has ever built.. :burnout: :burnout:

I agree. I come from an old school muscle car background. I sold a 72 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible to buy my Cobra. The Olds had a balanced 455 that was bored to 468, a cam, Edelbrock intake and carb, exhaust, etc. The car had extreme torque starting from just above an idle but ran out of steam at about 4,800 rpm.

The Cobra is a completely different beast and is much faster that my Cutlass (which was no slouch as far as old school muscle cars go).

I really thought that I would miss the old school muscle cars but I don't. The Terminator (IMHO) is the best of all worlds.

The L is a sweet truck though. It would be a hard choice between the two.....

Orange Poison

Established Member
Yup...I have to agree. I came from a 96 GT, and it was a good car. But damn, it was like night and day. When I first punched my 03, I had a smile from ear to ear that didn't leave for days.

black10th vert

Established Member
Chameleon said:
I agree. I come from an old school muscle car background. I sold a 72 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible to buy my Cobra. The Olds had a balanced 455 that was bored to 468, a cam, Edelbrock intake and carb, exhaust, etc. The car had extreme torque starting from just above an idle but ran out of steam at about 4,800 rpm.

The Cobra is a completely different beast and is much faster that my Cutlass (which was no slouch as far as old school muscle cars go).

I really thought that I would miss the old school muscle cars but I don't. The Terminator (IMHO) is the best of all worlds.

I'm the same way, I just sold my 70 455 ram air 4 speed GTO. After the Cobra I don't know if I can ever get into them again. But I did keep my 70 455ho grand prix just in case.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
03-04 Cobras rock!!!!!!! I have owned many fast Fords over the years,66 GT350 with a 370hp 289 ,390 Fairlane GT ,and a Boss 302.I also drove several 428 SCJs Boss 351s.This 03 Cobra is the best handling,fastest and nicest car I ever had.This car is awesome!!!!!!! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread