I gave in to temptation today..........

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
I went to a test and tune today at Springfield Motorsports in Springfield, VA, today. After saying NO that I would not dyno and tune, I gave in. It was not as expensive as I thougtht, so I went for it. I'll feel that hit on the ol' wallet later, though.
Baselined at 36x.x hp. EEC was flashed to the tune of 38x.x hp. The good gains were apparant as they started from the beginning and kept on going. No peak to peak here. Good pure power improvements everywhere. The dyo operator offered to let me try a K&N filter he had in stock. Nice of him to actually let me TRY it, brand new, and let me decide whether or not I wanted to keep it. So. we tossed it in and found 9 more hp and as much torque. Amazing considering EEC was already optimized and the silencer/snorkel was still in place. What blew everyone's mind, including the dyno operator, was the fact the filter showed gains from right off the start of the pull(around 2700rpms) all the way to 7000rpm(yep, the tuner wound it out that far). Nobody could believe the filter alone would have made such a difference. So, I told him to leave it in.
As soon as I get home(I'm in Maryland this weekend), I'll scan the dyno reports and post them.
Next up: the Lightening pulley. One mention of that and everyone started to drool.
Overall, I'm impressed as hell. Jerry of Fordchip.com made a helluva car more so. Driveability changed none. What a rush! ':burnout:'

Rwick7

Established Member
IMO, Jerry is the best tuner. He's like a magic man with those re-burns. I hope he comes back to St.Louis soon.

Users who are viewing this thread