I had to know....

Abigail

Established Member
My boyfriend bought an 03 Cobra. She's black, beautiful and he calls her "The Mistress". While he has put some modifications on her and is planning for more. He's gotten great numbers on the Dyno test and she sounds awesome.He was hesitant to really show me what she can do. He lives in a BUSY state where the traffic is horrid 24/7. He was worried he'd scare me (I have put up my wing flaps a few times) so it's understandable BUT C'MON, IT'S A COBRA!!!!

I finally goaded him enough this weekend that we went out at 2:30 in the morning and gave her a good run. Mind you, there were plenty of cars still on the road, but at least he stretched her legs for me.

We hit 125mph the first time, before some idiot changed lanes on us - Whew, I'm glad he's such a good driver! The next time, we hit 140mph - THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! He was only in 4th and she had SOOOO MUCH more to go. Needless to say, I was a happy camper.

Yes, he's let me drive her twice, but I doubt he will anymore....I enjoyed that waaaaaay too much!!! I'm happy for to him drive her and I'll be the co-pilot. The "Cobrajet Express" is the ONLY way to fly!!!!!!!!!!!

;-)

JClifton

Uhh it's stock!
Established Member
More girlfriends need to be like you! ;-) I had an 01 and my ex didn't care either way if I had the car or didn't.... women who don't care about cars shouldn't be dating people with Cobras... there bound to feel second inline when it comes to love. ;-)

-- Jaret

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
My girlfriend likes coming to the track with me, but she hates when I accelerate hard with her in it. She says it makes her stomache feel funny.

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
My girlfriend likes coming to the track with me, but she hates when I accelerate hard with her in it. She says it makes her stomache feel funny.

:beer: But that's whats it is all about!

Abigail

Established Member
I agonized over it with him when he was trying to decide on color, vert/ coupe and which dealership to go to, etc. Maybe that's part of it, I actually got to be "involved". I knew it's what he had to have, it was just a matter of getting what he really wanted.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247

That sounds just like my wife. Supports me in every aspect of my car, even buys me mods for Chritmas and my Birthday. Doesn't like me to accelerate hard with her in it, and she has driven it a few times, but says she prefers her Expedition and doesn't like to drive the Cobra. My world is PERFECT!

ssssnake

Established Member
I have a need for speed! It makes the hairs on my arm stand up when we go to the track and I hear all those cars revving. It's what we call in Texas, "Hog Heaven!"

Abigail

Established Member
There's nothing better than feeling the rumble in your chest as it takes your breath away - THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT !!!

Ok, watching him play with the ricers and then tearing them up is pretty good too!

david smilovic

Established Member
My wife knows tons of auto theory and can do brakes,programing on LS1,sway bars,shocks and even head cam swaps and yes header.exhaust and she can use an engine hoist,replace clutches.My Valgal can do all this and yet remain that 6ft. supermodel arm piece.No comments on the head/cam work,I know wher you live,Have a Great week dave V.
Ps. shes almost 16 year younger than mealmost 1/3 younger and even though all men gather around her,she always comes home to big fat daddy.Dave

david smilovic

Established Member
My wife knows tons of auto theory and can do brakes,programing on LS1,sway bars,shocks and even head cam swaps and yes header.exhaust and she can use an engine hoist,replace clutches.My Valgal can do all this and yet remain that 6ft. supermodel arm piece.No comments on the head/cam work,I know wher you live,Have a Great week dave V.
Ps. shes almost 16 year younger than mealmost 1/3 younger and even though all men gather around her,she always comes home to big fat daddy.Dave

Abigail

Established Member
Well.........I can't say I can change the brakes, sway bars or anything else (I need to change the oil in my John Deere and don't know how to do that either), AND I can't comment on the 6ft supermodel arm piece. But I know what she should sound like and was thrilled when he got the Bassani exhaust on this one too.
I worked my butt off this weekend with him cleaning her up to use the Zaino. She already looked great, now she's GORGEOUS!!!! My Cobra Boy is like a kid with a new toy and I'm happy for him. He just doesn't know how good he's got it!!!

Now if we could just get to work on the 69, I WOULD BE IN HEAVEN!!!!

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by Abigail

We hit 125mph the first time, before some idiot changed lanes on us - Whew, I'm glad he's such a good driver! The next time, we hit 140mph - THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! He was only in 4th and she had SOOOO MUCH more to go. Needless to say, I was a happy camper.

Wait, you pulled 140 but you believe the guy who switched lanes was the idiot? Either way girls who like cars rule. The girl I am seeing now is like, "cool car." Thats just not good enough for me:D

Last edited:

Lomancobra

Established Member
The cobra is my girlfriend's dream car. The first night I met her I gave her a ride back to campus. She even knew how the 03s had the S/C. I had never met a girl who enjoyed cars half as much as myself. This car attracts the right kind of women. Unlike the Jappy bitches who run after BMWs. ;-)

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by Lomancobra
The cobra is my girlfriend's dream car. The first night I met her I gave her a ride back to campus. She even knew how the 03s had the S/C. I had never met a girl who enjoyed cars half as much as myself. This car attracts the right kind of women. Unlike the Jappy bitches who run after BMWs. ;-)

Put it this way, the girl I am seeing now thinks my car is broken because its too loud and it makes blower whine. She is hot though, so Ill just suck it up:chicken:

Abigail

Established Member
Re: Re: I had to know....

Originally posted by Brad
Wait, you pulled 140 but you believe the guy who switched lanes was the idiot? Either way girls who like cars rule. The girl I am seeing now is like, "cool car." Thats just not good enough for me:D

Uh oh!
Was that you on that California highway?
Sorry to leave you behind if it was - but WOW that was SWEEEEET!!!

:burn:

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
You guys think that having a girl that doesn't really care for your car sucks, try having guys all over you because you have your car. I can't say that I have met one decent guy that liked me and not just my car since I got it. I'll have to admit, I like the attention and the chicks in fast cars appeal, but still, meeting people that aren't so shallow would be nice. Hey, don't take this as complaining though, I love the car and I guess I will just have to have fun with whatever comes out of it :) .

Rwick7

Established Member
Did she say he needs to work on his 69...and no one had a comment...come on guys :lol:

Abigail - I got an 03 and my 69 is just fine... :lol:

sorry had to

Users who are viewing this thread