I have a treat for you

chuckstang

Established Member
production version will look 99% different anyway
I think its cool but not a mustang and would be a mistake on fords part

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Guys, you're gonna have to put some curves in there somewhere....someday. You can only design a "straight line" so many ways. The curve over the rear wheel flairs is a direct reference to the '67 - '68 and '69 - '70 models...totally absent in the board-straight '05 ('65 inspired) model. For the Mustang purist, if you sharpen up the flairs and flatten the curve on the rear spoiler on this design you'd probably be happier. Of course, when we finally get some shots of the front will probably end up....:xpl:

Formula51

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
I'm guessing that the front end looks very simular to the 06 Mustang, but it comes to a point. I'm guessing!

Tim LOL

Much like the Camaro concept.

MMShaggy said:
I don't care for the look. Maybe the front end will make up for the horrible "Chevy" like rear end.

Again similar to a GM and much like the Camaro concept.

Diggy Moe said:
I like it.Looks to cater to the Euro people.Reminds me of the Vette.

I can see the Vette reference between the axles.

It looks like Ford took notice of the good publicity and comments the Camaro concept received and may be designing a similar Mustang. Good for Ford. Personally, I think this concept looks better than the Camaro concept. GM has said repeatedly that the production Camaro will be close to the concept and it will be interesting to see if that happens and if Ford follows suit. We all know how much the last Mustang concept was watered down for production.

Formula51

Established Member
The Camaro concept is a little more edgy and maybe a little more feasible from a prodcution standpoint, but from this angle the cars are rather similar.

ChevyCameroCncpt_2.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
The lines on the Giugaro Mustang flow much better than the Camaro concept. The curves on the 'Stang are in harmony and the sweep down at the back is real cool as are the highly integrated slatted insets. The Camaro kind of loses focus at the back, like the rear deck is cranked up too high. Overall it's a nice reference to the original '67 to '69 "Hugger" body style though...probably the best looking Camaro. Interesting that the current S-197 design is based on the first Mustang and Giugaro's picks up cues from the next generations. If he didn't screw up the front of his design and Ford builds it as faithfully as GM says they'll build the Camaro concept, seeing these two together on the street is going to be spectacular.

Did you ever see these Camaro concepts from Popular Hot Rodding? Now these are closer to Giugaro's design. Curves are where it's at!!! Amazing what can be done...without fender flares.

0312phr_fifthgen_04_z.jpg

0312phr_fifthgen_01_z.jpg

0312phr_fifthgen_02_z.jpg

lightning_2001

Established Member
i love it. it looks like a ferrari somewhat.if ford makes this car i would be one of the first to get it.unless they pull the sh1t they did with the gt500.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
lightning_2001 said:
i love it. it looks like a ferrari somewhat.if ford makes this car i would be one of the first to get it.unless they pull the sh1t they did with the gt500.
If it's at all popular, they'll f*ck us, you should know better. The only way they won't is if they are losing sales to the Camaro. If there's anything that Ford dealers have proved, it's their willingness to screw us with ADMs. One of the draw-backs of a free market, I guess......the advantage is....competition like this! :coolman:
New 'stang should rock, but they gotta get that weight down!!!!! From what I have seen, I like the design...so far. I'm just afraid that if I end up liking the concept, Ford will tone it down too much (like the last concept) :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread