I made a jerk out of myself

Brad

Banned
I picked the car up at the end of July not stalling it once. The sales person that went out with me on its maiden voyage even commented on how well I drove it. I take it to the track on a regular basis, and again never stalled. So now I park my car at the local show, there was a huge turn out that night. The whole time people are gawking at my car, asking me all kinds of questions, telling me to do a burn out when I leave (the police “allow” burnouts when leaving the lot.) The car was all waxed, the magna flow was on, all and all I was one styling MO FO. So I tell the guy working the show I am going to leave, he takes the cones out from in front of the car and I start her up. People are all around me, I am on top of the world and clunk clunk, I stall, hahahah, I made a jerk out of myself. :coolman:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Reminds me of the time I was having dinner on a 1st date. I got into a car accident when I was 17 and knock all my front teeth out. Anyway, at dinner, I was laughing at a joke my date told and out come my false teeth and bounced right onto her plate. I still ended up getting lucky that night so don't let it discourage you too much.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by 03snake
Reminds me of the time I was having dinner on a 1st date. I got into a car accident when I was 17 and knock all my front teeth out. Anyway, at dinner, I was laughing at a joke my date told and out come my false teeth and bounced right onto her plate. I still ended up getting lucky that night so don't let it discourage you too much.

Heheh, first time in a while I am LOL:D

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Yeah I have had issues too. Once at a car show I was getting in my Lightning to leave their was a crowd around the thing wanting to see some tire smoke. I started it up and large clouds of black smoke started bellowing out of the tail pipe, which is on the side where most of the people were standing. I just put my head down and drove away.

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
I haven't stalled the Cobra yet (have had it for a little over a month). But I've driven stick shift for a long time and every once in awhile, I still kill it accidently. Happens maybe once every 6-9 months...

Then you have that feeling like "I must look like a total loser"... oh well...

Users who are viewing this thread