I need help W/ my svt cobra

juanluis

i got serious trouble, i got an 2003 svt cobra with 460Hp on the wheels, but lately the car is shutting down entirely while runnig when i demand too much power, being in the 1st gear or second gear( no matter what gear) when i press down the gas in a suddent way the car just goes off , an i have to go neutral and close and open the switch....and turn it on while running , cause it goes all off(power steering, brakes, all) i had already checked the gas filter , and the computer doesn't give me any code..... what should i do ??
i would aprecciate you're help(respond) cause i live in the dominican republic where people doesn't know much of this type of car

thanks in advance ... Juan Luis Melo

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
460 HP, im guessing you have some sort of tune or chip? Was the computer ever removed? If so check the ground for the computer and the connections @ the computer.

Also what does the car do under normal driving and idle? Does it idle normal or surge?

What mods are on the car?

fr03cobra

Established Member
I know a guy who has a 99 gt with a vortech s/c and when he got on it the motor would shut off. Well he found out there was a bad sector connection on the board of his diablo chip. He's lucky that it did shut down other-wise he would have been running way too lean.

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
You might have to replace your fuel preasure sensor, it happend to mine, cars just starts bogging and then it shuts off. If you have the predator, it will be able to read the diag. and tell you whats wrong

Fast Willy

Established Member
It probably has something to do with the chip, but I had an svt focus that actally did this and I was told that it was because the air filters in those cars are sealed and when i put my new intake in it wasnt. I actaully had a few friends with focus have this problem when they put intakes in the car. But I doubt thats that problem with these cars bc otherwise everyone would have problems.

Users who are viewing this thread