I need some advice on a catback for the 03

03Coupe

Established Member
For the 03 I am set on BBK longtubes, BBK off road H , but I have no idea what kind of catback that I want to put on, I dont think I want to go with flows, and I have no idea what a straight through system would sound like with the rest of the system any ideas? (performance gains of catback also?)

By the way I have JBA 1 5/8 shortys, magnaflow off road x and mangaflow catback on my 01 now, and I want to go for a diffrent sound, thats why I chose the longtubes and H pipe for the 03 but still no idea about the catback.

Thanks,

03Coupe

i8u

Established Member
I had the bbk longtubes/ catted h-pipe with flowmasters on my blown 98 cobra. Loved it.... wish I didn't sell the car with the long tubes.:cryying: There was a 2000rpm drone though. I loved the sound at WOT! :beer:

Jfgarcia1

Banned
I have Bassani X pipes and Cat-Back system and it works great
on my 03 Cobra :burnout: . I installed them in stages as I wanted
to see the benefits from each.

I first installed the Bassani Cat-backs to the stock 03 Cobra
H pipes and they worked and sounded great. :beer:
Definetly felt the increase RWHP. Then after driving it for a few hours I installed the Bassani X pipes and what a boost. Sure enough there was more RWHP and bit louder sounding.:burnout:

I am very pleased with the Bassani Xhaust system and highly
recomend it. It may cost a little more but worth it.:thumbsup:

Good luck with yours...:beer:

Last edited:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I am getting old. How do I know? I opted for the conservative, bolt-on MagnaFlow system. Safe choice. If I had to go back, I would have gone with Dr. Gas crossovers and Spin Tech mufflers. Welding required? Who cares!

Users who are viewing this thread