I think the motor blew tonight.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
oh wow Tony, had no idea all this was going on. i knew there were some transmission hangups a little while back but jeez...so you're still gonna run the same fuel, it's just a matter of letting the engine rid itself of the contaminents by idling on pump fuel afterwards...

BLK_03

Established Member
oh wow Tony, had no idea all this was going on. i knew there were some transmission hangups a little while back but jeez...so you're still gonna run the same fuel, it's just a matter of letting the engine rid itself of the contaminents by idling on pump fuel afterwards...

Well... 16/17 pounds just doesn't cut if for me anymore. I probably make 10 interstate pulls (HWY 40 in the valley) when I drive the car to work. 22 psi is what really makes me smile...

I won't be running race fuel unless I have the ability to drain it nearly immediately and replace with pump gas...

That is where the meth comes in. Meth is extremely corrosive itself as well... but it's only on under boost, and then pump gas is right back into the engine after WOT is done. 22/23 psi with pump and meth would be right around 850 rwhp if the car was still a 6 speed. I'm good with that, lol. Over 22 psi (track only) will be C16. No more 110. I'm also suspicious of where I was getting the 110 before. Butler Hill and Moscow Mills stations is where I was sourcing it, and who knows how long that fuel has been sitting.

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Well... 16/17 pounds just doesn't cut if for me anymore. I probably make 10 interstate pulls (HWY 40 in the valley) when I drive the car to work. 22 psi is what really makes me smile...

I won't be running race fuel unless I have the ability to drain it nearly immediately and replace with pump gas...

That is where the meth comes in. Meth is extremely corrosive itself as well... but it's only on under boost, and then pump gas is right back into the engine after WOT is done. 22/23 psi with pump and meth would be right around 850 rwhp if the car was still a 6 speed. I'm good with that, lol. Over 22 psi (track only) will be C16. No more 110. I'm also suspicious of where I was getting the 110 before. Butler Hill and Moscow Mills stations is where I was sourcing it, and who knows how long that fuel has been sitting.
lol, must be rough times when you're bored with 16/17psi! that sounds like a good idea then, to be able to run pump 93 w/ 22psi. 850rwhp and fill up at the pump :). hmm, yea i can't imagine that fuel selling out very quickly. you were probably their biggest customer haha!

hb712

Established Member
can't say i am suprised i have never seen a hellion 76 car over 700 on pump gas with a stock motor. that tune had to be ragged edge to get there. Wonder if you got an off tank of gas. I did the same thing to mine back when i had a ported eaton.

The tune was dead on in his car.

I think a big problem came from the previous owner spraying a KB 2.2 all the time.

91notchback

Established Member
well while its apart you might as well throw cams in there if it didnt have any. no point to reassemble a motor without cams imho

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
you know what the main problem is with 110? to many people sell that shit out of a tank at a station, and its been in there for the last year.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
not trying to hijack but what about torco and pump is that safer than race? sorry if noob question lol

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
not trying to hijack but what about torco and pump is that safer than race? sorry if noob question lol

There is a lot of wrong info in this thread. I dont even know where to begin. 1) I dont know who's 110 you have that has alcohol in it? Even if it was an unleaded fuel that had ethanol in it, it STILL wouldnt do that

2) I have a feeling that has to do with tuning

3) I think no slow Svt is 100% correct, if it sits in the tank you will get extremely poor fuel.

Adding oil after fuel is BS, i cant even believe someone would say that.

Why not go on YEllowbullet and show those pictures to guys who all their cars have seen was race gas and ask them if that is normal......

Users who are viewing this thread