Injector size and type f 150 5.4L

jeffs

Established Member
I'm running a Procharger D1sc on our 01 f 150 4wd. I want to dyno tune it since I've upped the boost and have heard a little rattling a time or 2 since the 3.0 RR pulley. I want to upgrade to a lightning maf meter and 42# injectors, wich Ford racing sells at a very reasonable price. I'm also considering the stock 39# injectors out of my 04 Cobra, as I'll be upgrading those to 60's sometime soon. but the 39's look like a lot skinnier of an injector than the 42#ers, compared to the 39# ones thet Ford sells, someone tell me what type I need and if I'll need an adaptor kit??? Someone please help.

spike_africa

Established Member
Get the 42# injectors and 90mm Lmaf and a fuel pump upgrade such as the Bosch 255lph pump and a dyno tune and the truck will make alot more power. Even on 4.6L trucks like I had (99 reg cab flareside) we pick 30-50rwhp with those mods over the ATi FMU setup and no tune. The 5.4 trucks I believe pick up around 40-55rwhp from those same mods. Its the way to go with that setup. The 42# also will pop right in no connector mods or harness needed.

Users who are viewing this thread