installed my steeda pulleys

love bandit2

Established Member
me and a friend finally got to intstalling my steeda pulleys this evening. I can't believe what a difference they made. The engine actually runs smoother than it did before, and I am acutally chirping the 2nd to 3rd shift now! Wow! I burn the hell outta 2nd gear... its great to impress my friends with. Too bad having a lack of traction doesn't help me at the track. Maybe I'll run better than a 14.1 now? Installation was quite a bitch... I borrowed a friends impact gun, and it was a totall POS and couldnt get my alt pulley off, so I had to go rent one. Water pump pulley was no problem. Crankshaft pulley was a real bitch. The steedas aren't piggyback style so I had to go to the autoparts store and buy a $20 3 bolt puller. After wrestling with it for a bit, the old harmonic balancer finally came out, and I installed the new one. It was about a 3 hour job. Everyone should get the steeda pulleys though... they are CNC machined and perfectly balanced.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I want to get them, but I don't know if my 600 watt amp, and my 1500 watt speaker will do to my to alternater if I install them. I don't want to have to install a new alternator after I get the pullies. I heard before that they are a great help though.

SNK BITN

Established Member
The pullies will definitely help your track times. Post up if your gonna hit the track anytime soon, I'm dying to go.

95 SVT

Established Member
Hey URDONE,
I can't speak for everyone else, and you know what they say opinions are like but, after I installed my Steeda pulleys, I did notice a difference in my charging, not while riding but when I have on the air sitting at a stop light, bounceds right back if I hit the throttle, just a thought if you have a lot of accesories running.

jo2fst4u

Established Member
Mine seems to be ok, the temp gets up there about half way hotter than i want it. the install was not bad at all but i had the tools and a host ;-)

SNK BITN

Established Member
Originally posted by SnoracerX
hey snk bitn i live just in wi im prob going in th enext 2 or three weeks i will post the date if your interested

Please do! FYI, next week thursday or friday is Real Street Drags at GLD. We could hit that up before they shut the clocks off. Then we could stick around and try to get some money races or maybe a grudge match between you and I
naughty.gif

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
your speakers aren't affected by alternater output, only your amp.

your only chirping 2/3 shifts? heh...I get sideways on 2/3 shifts...

Dino S.

Established Member
on my old potenzas my car stuck to the road until I hit 5000 rpm in first at which point it started to go sideways. Burns on the 1-2. Chirped the 2-3.

With the KD's, even cold, I can barely get a good solid spin into second gear. 2-3 still chirps, but less.

It's all about tires.

Users who are viewing this thread