Installed new MAK cat-delete on 2015 GT auto...

bunk22

Established Member
...not sure if I'll keep it, I might just want the long-tubes on my car, like my 2012 GT had. The dyno gains weren't anything big, did best in the mid-range, 8-10 rwhp/tq peak, maybe 4-5 average. You get what you pay for and this falls in line. Peak gains on hp were down slightly up top but higher peak tq gains. I don't really care about the dyno numbers, just how it feels on the street. My tuner does the street tune then hits the dyno. It peaked at 410 rwhp and 391 rwtq SAE. I'm considering the GT350 intake before the long-tubes, see if I can maximize this set-up. My set-up as it is, JLT Hot Air intake, the cat-delete and tune. My auto has 3.55 gears.

Last edited:

PIKE5.0

Established Member
I have the MAK, had forever. I think my gains were 18-20 range. I'm about to do the GT350 IM. Good N/A, and have to be great boosted.

bunk22

Established Member
I think his tune is just maxed out, so gains were minimal, at least on the dyno. I've done this a long time, my fifth performance car and the butt dyno says there's some upmh with it. But I think the GT350 intake is definitely next.

weebz69

Established Member
Yeah I just installed my mak cat deletes.
I would say not too much gain for the Hassel of cutting and welding. I was on a mustang dyno and was pissed cuz numbers were super low. I wish I did a base pull before the install. But yeah i only made 345 rwhp on 91...I read dyno jets make about 12-15% higher hp readings than mustang dynos. But anyways I did switch from 91 to E85 and gained 27hp @ the wheel so I was happier than shit after that....my modes are jlt cold air, mak cat deletes and gibson 3 inch with matching xpipe "rez delete" after that I made 372/399 again on a mustang dyno. Tuner said I have a choke point where the mak cat delete and gibson xpipe connect it goes from 3 inch down to 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 then back to 3 so I'm gonna cut that off and weld in 3 inch cuz he told me doing that and running a few tanks through to get all 91 out I should make another 20 @ the wheel hoping anyways lol. But yeah I'm gonna do the GT350 IM next to try to max my setup out....but if you guys haven't already, before headers try E85 I got my injectors for 240 bucks of ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread