Intercooler fluid

mach1033

Established Member
Anything wrong with distiller water and water wetter? I'm just looking for maximum cooling because I will be moving to Texas in a few weeks and the kenne bell gets super hot up here in pa in 75-80 degree weather.

Also gonna do the Killer Chiller most likely

PM Jimmysidecarr he works for Royal Purple as well as living in Texas. He can give the answer your looking for as far as what route to take when adding a coolant additive like water wetter or purple ice. I'm sure that he will suggest purple ice but that is just a guess :D

:nono:

Do not mix or use green anti-freeze in Ford mod motors as they are incompatible and will inhibit the anti-corrosion properties of the coolant with the alloy used in our engines. Only use the gold Ford anti-freeze as they specify to minimize corrosion. I don't recall the exact technical reasons but I do remember they were very explicit about adhering to their recommendations.

Water wetter (surficent) is worthless in the presents of anti-freeze and will do nothing to increase the heat transfer properties of the coolant.

Do not second guess the factory engineers as they know the effects of doing so way more than we do.

I know one guy who ran straight water in his 5.0 to maximize heat transfer which is correct and swore by it. One day he needed to change out his water pump only to find out the water jacket was so corroded the threads disintegrated to the point the block and heads were completely wasted (but at least it ran cooler while it lasted :dw:).

If you are trying to save a few bucks on anti-freeze you should not be playing around modifying this engine. Stick with what the factory recommends with regard to anti-freeze.

Interesting...

Many Ford dealers are now using the green coolant as opposed to the yellow coolant. I know the dealer where I get work done (Sansone Ford) does.

Users who are viewing this thread