Interesting 2011 GT Article

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Not quite, DI is just a bridge technology, similar to VVT IMO. Holding us over until the eventual replacement for the head/cam/valve finally comes around.
oh, absolutely! but there is no doubt that direct injection will almost entirely replace port injection within the next decade or so. no use fighting it, might as well try figuring it out, just like when fuel injection first came on the scene.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
you guys sound like the old guys at the track with their carb'd muscle cars, "new fangled electronic crap, i can change a jet in 2 minutes". DI is the future, might as well get used to it.

Di sucks right now ask a taurus guy that wants to do a 12.0. 1-2 mpg and even say 20 hp is nothing. It is not developed and has some major issue my cuz works at ford he says d.i. so far has problems. Plus where you gonna find bigger injectors? You can only raise fuel pressure so much. I'm like Spartan. Yea maybe we'll have d.i. and or elect valve actuation that does away with cams.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
funny, i never heard that fuel injection was the modders best friend when it really hit the scene in the late 80's...

jesus christ, what in the **** are you expecting??? why don't we actually give it some time, let the OEM's perfect it, and let the aftermarket figure it out. the EFI 5.0l aftermarket didn't just pop up in a few weeks. bitch about it all you want, but the 1-2MPG gain IS worth it to the OEM's.

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I could be interested in this...

Twin-fuel engines
Code named Bobcat, the new twin-fuel engine from Ford is based on a 5.0L V8 engine block but uses E85 cylinder injection and gasoline port injection. The engine was co-developed with Ethanol Boosting Systems, LLC of Cambridge, Massachusetts, which calls its trademarked process DI Octane Boost. The direct injection of ethanol increases the octane of regular gasoline from 88-91 octane to more than 105 octane. The Bobcat project was unveiled to the United States Department of Energy and the SAE International in April 2009.[49][50]

Ford has already sorta done this w a ford gt supercar. So should be ok. They had 2 injectors per cyl. You could run maybe higher compression n/a or have a turbo or s/c at 11/1 w 15# boost.

Yea I bought a slighty used 85 gt instead of a 86. Why, it ran quicker and sure the old ecu fi crap sucked till 86/87 for a stang. I raced bone stock vs bone stock 87 notch beat it also. I and him were very surprised.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread