Intrepid talks smack and gets embarrassed

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I was on my way home from dropping off my girlfriend (SVTHottie102), driving down Cicero Avenue. I was just minding my own business listening to "Love Line" and this Dodge Intrepid pulls out in front of me. 2 other empty lanes and this guy chose mine! He got pretty close to me, so I changed lanes and just went around him. As soon as he got to about my rear tire I heard his engine begging for mercy as he slowly pulls past me (I'm still just minding my own business). We pull up to the next light, he honks and signals for me to roll down my window. I oblige and he proceeds to tell me that "I don't want any of this thing, it has a V-8 and it will kill my little Contour". So I'm like ok...let's do it. He then tells me "let's put 100 bucks on it...” I decline the money and tell him we'll go anyway. Light turns green, we take off about the same time but I spin pretty badly (was raining earlier) but he still gets his ass beat by a couple car lengths. Next light...Intrepid owner isn't talking anymore shit, and stays behind me until my turn off.

1) I should have taken his 100 bucks
2) Since when do Intrepids have V-8's? I could have swore they were 2.7 Liters V-6's for the SE, and 3.5 Liter V-6's for the ES. (not sure which one it was, but defiantly wasn't an R/T)
3) It's gotta suck talking smack and then getting your ass kicked by a "little Contour".

I hope this makes sense..I'm really tired. LOL

GetSome

Established Member
Good kill! Do you really think he would have actually stopped/got out of his car and paid you? I dont think so...he would have drove off. He got his feelings hurt...i bet. Good sh*t.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by GetSome
Good kill! Do you really think he would have actually stopped/got out of his car and paid you? I dont think so...he would have drove off. He got his feelings hurt...i bet. Good sh*t.

Exactly.

max

Established Member
My neighbor got a new Chrysler 300. We live out in the country and when both of us were heading into town, he wants to have a bit of fun. Well, the hiway is quite barren, so I oblige. Me thinks the salesman gave him a line of BS.....thought he could take my cobra. LOL

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
WOW!!

I didn't know Steve actually raced!!!

LOL Ya those Intrepids are sloooooow...raced them a few times... Now try an Alero...sloow too.

DLV

Established Member
Buzzin' half dozen

You're right about the six. Intrepids don't come with an eight, unless he swapped one in. Even the R/T has the 3.5 similar to the 300M but not as powerful, 242 HP or some such, I think. I don't believe Chrysler even makes a V8 except for Jeeps and trucks. This guy obviously bought the salesman's line. Talk is cheap. I had a mechanic tell me a Dakota R/T would eat my bone-stock 5.0. Guess what happened in the really, real world? I also had a salesman who is actually a friend tell me the new Maxima's were faster than the new GT's because he beat some old guy from a Ford dealership in one. He thought the 5.0's were faster, 'cause he used to own one. I had to correct him as at the time I owned both. Sure the 5.0 feels fast with it's low end torque, but those new GT's rock.

Users who are viewing this thread