Is 2500 pounds possible sn95 cobra.

freebird50

Established Member
I know this is probably a complete crap shoot but can we get these cars down to 2500 pounds without the driver? Money aside is it possible and what is the absolute lightest weight if 2500 is too tall an order. Thanks.

Axel

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Yeah I got mine down to 2950 then added a passenger seat back in that weighs about 19lbs so I’m back to 2970-3000 depending on fuel level and I could still yank 2-300 out by removing all interior panels dash etc but I like the look of a real street car oh yeah remove all glass for lexan

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

freebird50

Established Member
Yeah I got mine down to 2950 then added a passenger seat back in that weighs about 19lbs so I’m back to 2970-3000 depending on fuel level and I could still yank 2-300 out by removing all interior panels dash etc but I like the look of a real street car oh yeah remove all glass for lexan

I'm at 3304 right now. Haven't done much weight reduction just a couple things. Right on man thanks.

freebird50

Established Member

How did you get to 2950? Thanks.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Basically removed all the egr emission control stuff in the car air bags audio system ac system full tubular front end long tubes no cats no tail pipes or mufflers I run dyno max mini race bullets dumped after the off road mid pipe. Gutted trunk and removed all sound deadener on the car( rubber coating has to be removed with a torch and scraper) light weigh drag wheels, lightweight corbeau seats, remived the full back seat and seat belt assemblies,removed the front cobra brakes for lighter 2000 gt setup. All in all I removed 450-500lbs

freebird50

Established Member
Basically removed all the egr emission control stuff in the car air bags audio system ac system full tubular front end long tubes no cats no tail pipes or mufflers I run dyno max mini race bullets dumped after the off road mid pipe. Gutted trunk and removed all sound deadener on the car( rubber coating has to be removed with a torch and scraper) light weigh drag wheels, lightweight corbeau seats, remived the full back seat and seat belt assemblies,removed the front cobra brakes for lighter 2000 gt setup. All in all I removed 450-500lbs

That's amazing. I haven't put mine on a scale I just did some math to guess my weight. I have done the following.

-Removed egr and smog pump and emissions bs
-removed everything in the trunk down to the metal
-removed fog lights and brackets
-removed ac lines and condenser but still have compressor
-removed engine cross brace
-kooks long tubes and off road x pipe in place of stock exhaust. Still have flowmaster cat back
-removed wipers and blades
-aluminum drive shaft
-fiberglass hood

I added a Vortech Supercharger kit with an air to air intercooler and a t56 magnum so that adds some weight. Also have a Glenn's fuel system not sure if that adds anything. Kenne Bell boost a spark and some aftermarket gauges. Need to get it on a scale to see exact weight but according to my calculations I should be about 3300 plus or minus a few pounds not including me in it.

freebird50

Established Member
It seems like you would be lighter than 3300

Maybe my math was off. I'll take it to the transfer station some time and get it on the scale. Also added 8 rib setup and IW 10 percent od pulley so that adds some more weight I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread