Is 94/95 TPS Adjustable?

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
I’m a little confused on this subject because I’ve heard conflicting stories… Can the TPS on a 94/95 be adjusted and if so, is there a reason to do it on these cars?

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Unless I've forgotten the TPS should be 14.7 v and should be adjustable by a setscrew on the throttlebody. I would think that if it has the stock equipment on it , then it should be set right. If you've changed the TB then it might need to be adjusted. I'm thinking it is much the same as the 93's, just with an elbow to clear the strut tower.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
FORD'S TPS RANGE FOR STOCK VEHICLES IS .6 TO 4.585 VOLTS. SETTING THE TPS UNDER 1 VOLT AT IDLE WILL PERMIT A FULL THROTTLE READING BETWEEN 4.6 AND 4.7 VOLTS, FOR A WOT FULL STEAM AHEAD SIGNAL

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT AN ADJUSTMENT SCREW, BUT THE TPS HAS ENOUGH SLOP AT ITS MOUNTING POINTS TO MAKE AN ADJUSTMENT.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Only sent this reply in a nice way gr8white.... Read about it in Venom (SCOA Cobra club) a few years ago...

Pete

White Mustangs Rule.....:beer:

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Originally posted by Petzuk
Only sent this reply in a nice way gr8white.... Read about it in Venom (SCOA Cobra club) a few years ago...

Pete

haha.. I think he was just playin' cuz your reply was in all caps... it always seems like people are yelling that way... but obviously you weren't. :thumbsup:

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Your reply is interesting SVTx2.... I just joined the SVT Performance forums the other day... You should see the hell I'm getting from the Texas bunch in the 03Cobra forum for using upper case letters....

I did it for ease of reading (and typing)... Not for yelling...

See ya!

Pete

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Your reply is interesting SVTx2.... I just joined the SVT Performance forums the other day... You should see the hell I'm getting from the Texas bunch in the 03Cobra forum for using upper case letters....

I did it for ease of reading (and typing)... Not for yelling...

See ya!

Pete
Pete,

Oh I know what your sayin', you're not intentionally "yelling" per say. I can't speak for anyone else, but I can read it just fine under normal text. Sorry to hear you're getting razzed a bit...
I think it's kind of a unwritten rule of forum ediqute (is that spelled right?).

When I write out something by hand, I actually do it in all caps, but I type normally on anything else.

L8TR

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member

Pete

I put the little winky face guy on there. I was just picking at ya. It's all good here :thumbsup: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread