Is my belt slipping?

TLockwo

Established Member
What's the easiest way to tell if the belt to the supercharger is slipping? I'm a new '01 L owner so i'm still learning. Could this be the reason my boost won't go above 6 psi on my stock '01? thanks.

smilin jack

Established Member
hey tlock, congrats on the new ride! for starters, i wouldn't necessarily trust the stock boost guage. everybody, including myself, has had inaccurate readings with them. a lot of us have added after market guages for correct readings. auto meter makes a "phantom" series that matches up pretty well with the dash guages (white back) and you'll be able to read your vacuum & boost accurately. are you revving to 5400rpm or higher when your checking your guage? when i first started driving my 2000 it was tough to take my eye off the tach when i was revving but as i, and the rest of us, found out, you really can't hurt these trucks. the rev limiter will protect you from yourself so don't worry. as one of our members puts it " drive it like you stole it"! have fun dude, be safe................jack

BLACK BOLT

Established Member
Tlockwo , Try using a good boost gage like the ( auto-meter phantom boost gage 2-5/8 pt# ATM-5801 ) Summit racing sells them ,And F150 piller pods ! there Ph# 1(800)230-3030
OX24455.jpg

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
I agree w/ smilin jack I have both the stock gauge and the autometer gauge set up just like his.....my stock gauge reads about 13psi it's that much in the black zone of the dash,but my autometer reads 9psi......whish I had more though ;)

Users who are viewing this thread