Is there an official date for 08 info???

chuckstang

Established Member
Are they going to announce all the final specs, pricing, production at the NY Auto show next month?
Im just curious when the details will officially be out because then dealers cant tell me, there will not even be an 08. I also am curious to see if Ford increases msrp and the gas tax and what the final options will be!
thanks;-)

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I don't know about pricing or final options. There was a thread somewhere about HIDs, Mood lighting and no Tungsten body color, a new color - Vapor, and available black stripes.

Order date seems to be 4/16/07. Several dealers that have checked their fleet order dates have that date listed. I would guess the other info you seek will be available just before or just after that date.

chuckstang

Established Member
Hmmm, so we do not know when Ford will release the final details about the GT500 for 08, pricing and final options? I thought the NY Auto show was going to be it! Im going and hope they do not disappoint. I also want to know because it will help my decision on whether it will be worth to wait for a 08 or find a left over 07 this summer. At this point, I will probably pay 5k over :( but possibly 10k over if it will get me a car this summer or right now and it is exactly what I want! Because who would pay over sticker and not get the exact combo of car they want haha

03reptile

Established Member
This is the latest I have from my dealer/owner friend. There is no firm date for the Shelby GT500 2008; however, job one for the regular 2008 Mistangs is June 26th. So counting the two weeks off the plant takes, 2008 Mustangs should be produced around first part of July. It would stand to reason that the GT 500 will follow the same scheduling. I'm waiting to order a 2008 Gt500 so I'll stay on top of it and let you all know. The order bank could open anytime now, according to Ford Performance (03/14/2007) so lets hope the 08's follow the same production date trends that 07's did.

chuckstang

Established Member
Hey if you dont mind, are you getting a one at a fair price or just going to bend over and take it? I ask because I want to get an early run 08 and I may take the bullet and give in to the dealer greed and pay as much as 10k over but right now my max over is 5k :(
5k over even is a crap load of extra cash for the dealerships I mean stealerships

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I'm chomping at the bit for the 08s to come out... I want to get my hands on thos HIDs :pepper:

chuckstang

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
just call around to as many dealers as possible chuck and i am sure u can find a good deal.

Thanks man, I will wait until next month just because then there should be info about pricing and options for the 08. I mean I dont want to go around saying I will pay 5k over to a dealership if Ford increases MSRP 5k because then I would be looking at 55-60k!
I am so eager to get this car, it has consumed my life (outside of work lol) for the past 2 years!
It is getting nicer out, when are you going to post some more pix of your car???? We never got to see many out in nice daylight, just some alley pics haha but were inspiring none the less:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread