Is there anything I can DO?

99BlackCobra

Established Member
My stock hood is starting to get that oxidized look from the sun, but the rest of the car is in great condition, what can I do? I tried a clay bar, high speed buffing with rubbing compund ( This was done by a detail shop), and nothing has worked. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Tropi-CareChris

Tropi-Care Distributor
Established Member
Sounds like there may be other problems going on? When the detail shop buffed your hood, they may have stripped the clear coat off. That could be why your hood is looking dull. When you apply wax or polish to the hood, is the pad coming up with paint? If so, you might need to head back to a body shop to have your hood re-clear coated?

Tropi-CareChris

Tropi-Care Distributor
Established Member
99BlackCobra said:
It was looking like that before the detail shop, they made it look a little better. Do you guys have anything that might help.

Can you take some photos and post them so I can see what is going on? I really need to see this one to be helpful. I dont want to tell you something and it be wrong, or way off base.

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
I have this same porblem...apparently the one side of my car was repainted, but for some reason they didn't paint the back panel. So now in bright sunlight you can tell the old paint from the new. I couldn't tell when I bought the car because it was freshly detailed. So, I was going to try 3M's Scratch and Swirl remover for dark colored cars on only that panel...then go over it and the rest of the car with Poor Boys SSR 2.5, VM Moose Polish, and 2 coats of VM Moose Carnuba Wax. I'm hoping this helps, if anyone has any ideas what other products to try, let me know.

Sorry 99BlackCobra, didn't mean to hi-jack this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread