Is This A Good Deal?

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
theres a 03 Silver Coupe for sale around Rancho Santa Margarita and its got about 2k miles on it for only 30g ive looked all around my area is its all around 32+g for like 03 with 7K miles or more. Is this a good deal?
:shrug:

skunkt-u

Established Member
It really depends on you.....You pay for what you want.If you are lookin for something with mods their are a couple on here and on dfwstangs.net. but if you are the type of person that wants to do your own tasteful mods pay a little more for the virgin!

fr03cobra

Established Member
I think it's good for 2k miles on it. Just make sure the warrenty is not voided. But if you wait you can get a new 07 Cobra GT500 for about 35k.

Last edited:

4.6speed

Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:
theres a 03 Silver Coupe for sale around Rancho Santa Margarita and its got about 2k miles on it for only 30g ive looked all around my area is its all around 32+g for like 03 with 7K miles or more. Is this a good deal?
:shrug:
I only paid 32k for my 03 brand new :shrug:

Jack

Established Member
skunkt-u said:
It really depends on you.....You pay for what you want.If you are lookin for something with mods their are a couple on here and on dfwstangs.net. but if you are the type of person that wants to do your own tasteful mods pay a little more for the virgin!

Not a good deal...

these are good deals:

My Cobra 'vert with 3K miles purchased Jan '04 $25,000

My cousins '03 Silver coupe New with 83 miles purchased Nov '04 $23,200 +TTL

My friends '04 Screaming Yellow coupe New with 40 miles Purchased Nov '04 $28,700

Those are good deals

It's all about being patient and willing to wait to find the best deal out there.

Great8

Pulley-less in Motown
Established Member
I don't think it's a good deal. If you're contemplating spending that much, maybe you should search a larger area, and have it shipped once you find one (or drive it back). You may still come away spending less money in the long run.

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
New 04 Cobra Vert, Chromies, 5 miles on the odometer, $32.5. Sticker price was 41k. Thats a good deal. Oh and that was with a trade in of my 03 GT 25k on it I got 16k in trade which was more than I owed on my loan.....

maddrabitt

Established Member
For California its not too bad a deal, it seems like most of the 03-04s out here are still pretty steep compared to the rest of the country. If its worth it to you, by all means buy it, but if your willing to shop around outside of the state you can probably find a better deal.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
You're going to get mixed results... some people who have paid sticker two years ago (me) will say "hell yeah, jump on it" while others who have bought used 20k+ milage for $23k will tell you "that is insane to pay". If you're saying you can't find one any cheaper, especially with that kind of milage then I would carfax it, check the warranty out and get it. Good luck whatever you decide.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I dont think its a good deal at all... I bought my car with 2k miles as well about 1 1/2 years ago and I paid 30k for it. Cars depreciate alot... So I would try and get it for 28k

ralphy1798

Established Member
Yeah, 30k is just a starting point! Tell them seriously you will give them 27000 out the door. If they laugh at you, just leave. Make sure they have your number. They will call you ;)

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I paid 31,060.00 + Tax & License etc... ect... for my 10th Anniversary Coupe BRAND NEW in Sept of '03, I'd try to make a better deal.

Last edited:

cmbanks0723

Established Member
good buy

i paid 28,000 for my 03 10th with 4500 miles on it...found it through ebay... good way to get a car thats hard to find at a good deal... ya might have to do a little traveling though..i flew from south carolina to deleware to get mine

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
in cali, cobras prices are still up there... 30k is just the asking price i mean i could definitely get it down to around 27 out the door

Users who are viewing this thread