Is this a real svt?

SVTCruz

Established Member
So I might be purchasing a svt focus as my dd tomorrow. According to carfax the car is a zx05. Is there anyway to check this for sure? Car has all the svt details. The vin is 3fahp37573r193064. Someone online said in order for it to be a real svt it must have p39 in the vin, is this true?

Thanks for any help

Rentlyrent

Established Member
Mine has P39 in the vin so I'm not sure. Does it have the SVT engine and 6 speed transmission?

Troponin

Established Member
I wish I could find the site again, but there is a site I used a couple months ago that you could put in the VIN and it would show you the original window sticker. It worked for cars so long as they were within a certain build date.

If he's selling it as an SVT and it's not, I would highly recommend you contact whatever listing agency he is using and tell them.

SVTCruz

Established Member
Yeah it has the svt engine, transmission, seats, gauges and all. I looked up several svts on autotrader and a few didn't have the p39 in the vin

mnewxcv

Established Member
call SVT with the VIN and tell them you want the build number. 1-800-FORDSVT.

however, I cant see why someone who make a fake svt focus. Not like an svt focus is that much more valuable at this point in time. Not to mention the svt specific parts (bumpers, wheels, seats, gauges) arent exactly cheap even in the used market.

Steve@Tasca

Thanks! I did buy the car and when I gave the Vin to my insurance company it came up as a SVT.

Congratulations! Please let me know if you need anything for the car or if you have any questions, my 2002 SVT has been my daily driver for 12 years and know these cars inside and out.

-Steve

mnewxcv

Established Member
I just picked one up last week too :)

WP_000109_zps1a78f3af.gif

mnewxcv

Established Member
very nice! yours has HIDs while mine has euro wheels lol. I ordered some HIDs for mine already...

Users who are viewing this thread