Italian job Mini S BOV

fmhscopeland1

Established Member
ok i have a big question. i just finished watching the italian job for like the 20th time and the chicks car is a mini S and that is supercharged. But the weird thing is that it has a BOV. How can you get a roots blower to have a bov and have it functional because i loved how it sounded and i want one. ok thanks that was my Question

RyClef331

Established Member
anything with a pressurized intake can run a by pass valve of some sort. it senses when there is a difference of pressure on either side of the throttle blade and opens. I know the mini has a roots style blower so I'm not sure how it would be routed but it can be done.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
hehe, the whine sounded tight. don't remember hearing a BOV though? it's just a movie. impressive if the wastegate thingy was that loud...

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I traded in a MCS on my '03 Cobra. It did not have a BOV from the factory.

fmhscopeland1

Established Member
well the cars in the movie were heavily modified so they probably added one when "wrench" modified them
and why... my i ask did you trade in a 390+- mustang big block for a lil 100 something hp mini car? just curious im not ranting or anything, i actually think that they are neat little cars

Aaron_01

Banned
Originally posted by fmhscopeland1

and why... my i ask did you trade in a 390+- mustang big block for a lil 100 something hp mini car? just curious im not ranting or anything, i actually think that they are neat little cars

1. The Ford Modular 4.6 is not a big block, it is a small block that makes big power
2. He traded the MCS in FOR a 2003 Cobra, look at his sig

99GTP guy

Established Member
It didn't have a BOV in the movie. all you heard was the blower whine of the roots supercharger kind of similiar to the GTP's and Cobra's sound.

fmhscopeland1

Established Member
ok i swear it does, but ohh well just for the sake of it how could you install one that actually works, and sorry i did misread it.

Users who are viewing this thread