Its Been Awhile

NotSoTame

Established Member
Well its been a few months sinse iv been able to post in here, lets just say the winter beater isnt a killer, but for any of you that responded to my dyno help thread knew i was puting insurence on the car for a day sinse it has been in the 40's for the past few days and all the snow+water was off the roads i thought id see how shes running, btw thanx for the help, the car is running super lean, dangerly lean, but it made 250 rwhp and 290 tourqe, they said with a fuel fressure regulator ill get 25 more hp and at least that much more tourqe, now for the kill, its nothing special but hey its all iv gotten in the past months and all ill get for the next few, im on my way to john haley motorsports going thrue downtown st. paul when in the rear veiw i spot a new gen mustang, white, first thought was its probley a v6 and would be no fun but as i see it dart out and come flying up the side lanes i started to think maybe he wants to try the little red 93 that just did a 120 past him, i was right, he finaly makes his way up to me slows and then puts her down, it was a 01-02 gt, 5 spd, white one white convt with the tourqe thrust wheels so hes off, i drop into third and give her hell, there was suprisinlgy few cars and sinse it was a 5 lane freeway it was good to go for some triple digit speeds he tried to keep up but i had him with in seconds and just kept running, i brought it up and past the 140 mark then slowed down to let him catch up, then he does somethign that really disapointed me, the ricer flybye, im thinking to myself there no way a fellow ford man he just did that, so back to third we go once again, i catch him fairly fast and then let off to allow him to stay next to me, i know he had it to the wood, so then he realized if he cant out run me he'll just slow down to get away so he lays on the breaks and i just keep going, i bet hes thinking damn i should have got a cobra, god i cant wait till spring.. II-)

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
Notsotame,
Must be cool hitting the 140's. Not a long enough road in Delaware to try that for me.
I have a question about your dyno. 250 rwhp and 290 rwt.
My 94 cobra dynoed 256 rwhp and 300 rwt. That was with a h-pipe, ProM77, pullies, PIH, 3.73's and flowmaster catback. Thats it. Your car must be really lean. Get that fixed and you will be surprised.
later
john

NotSoTame

Established Member
i cant wait to see what happens when i get that regulator, I would post the dyno sheet and you could see how lean it was, but i dotn know how to shrink it down and it says its to big, but id really like to see 300+ hp and tq at the wheels by spring, do u think a good custom chip, maf sensor, smog pump eliminator kit, and throttle body could get me there, this going on top of 270 hp at the wheels with the lean problum fixed and a bunch of dyno tuning, i just dont have the money for big things like heads or blower, i have school to worry about next fall. tell me what u think or any other ideas to get some more power

Users who are viewing this thread