I've always been a Mustang guy... But...

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I've owned quite a few mustangs, had one in my yard since I was 15 (now 35) up until I sold my cobra 2 years ago. I've had power (cobra made 700hp at the tires) and loud and honestly I don't over care about having 400+ hp anymore. I have really been trying get with the idea of an focus ST. So much I've listed my duramax for sell in hopes of using that money as a down payment on a new ST. The lady in my life has encouraged me to wait and just get another Mustang because that's where she thinks I really want to be sitting. I honestly do miss that sound of a nice sounding Mustang rolling down the street, but I kinda want quick and nimble with 30 mpg to boot.

I don't know anyone that's not happy with their ST. And after pricing what I'd want on a new GT, I think I'd be happier saving 10k and buying an ST! The question is try and dump my truck and snatch up a deal on a 13 or wait and get a 2014.. Decisions decisions.

Swetrid

Established Member
I love my ST. I have had 11 Mustangs and couple of Lightnings over the years and thought I might be disappointed. It's not the fastest thing but handles and drives so well that it always puts a smile on my face. The best mpg I ever got was 32 and worst was 23 mpg. Driving hard does lower economy pretty much and it does have some torque steer which is expected for something this powerful in fwd.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I love my ST. I have had 11 Mustangs and couple of Lightnings over the years and thought I might be disappointed. It's not the fastest thing but handles and drives so well that it always puts a smile on my face. The best mpg I ever got was 32 and worst was 23 mpg. Driving hard does lower economy pretty much and it does have some torque steer which is expected for something this powerful in fwd.

I really think its gonna be a great option for me. I've had fast, and honestly im liking the fact that it gets good mph, is fun to drive, and it's got 4 doors. We got the old Lady a loaded versa in 2012 and we love that car. It drives great and we take it everywhere. I know the st is a much nicer car. I think I just gotta sell my truck, get as much as I can, then just start driving stuff

coyotehp

Established Member
We have a 13 with 2500 miles. It is a great, fun car to drive. Been kicking around the idea of getting something a little bigger to haul around the kids but I think you will enjoy it.

einehund

Established Member
The wife has her ST and I have my Shelby... I enjoy driving the ST every bit as much as the Shelby, albiet in different ways. The ST will flat out spank the Shelby in corners.

mustangray

Established Member
focus 3.JPGI've been through my share of Mustangs (which I loved) but I do love driving my ST everyday the Mustangs had power and cool sound but the ST is really fun to toss around it's a good drivers car

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
View attachment 29052I've been through my share of Mustangs (which I loved) but I do love driving my ST everyday the Mustangs had power and cool sound but the ST is really fun to toss around it's a good drivers car
It's definitely happening.. Getting my 2500hd cleaned up this weekend and getting some pictures taken. Then it's getting listed. Finding a 2014 is gonna be slim pickings, so I'll prob have to wait till after the first of the year and pick up a 2015 model. The new gray color looks really good, especially with tint and black wheels.

I'm genuinely excited.. I expect nothing less than to love the car. I'm not overly interested in being fast, and as much as I miss that mustang grunt and sound, it's not worth another $10k to me. I'll just get a loaded ST with tons of creature comforts and enjoy it!

mustangray

Established Member
the only things I did to the car was a custom tune and intercooler upgrade now I'm running 300hp 325trq which is enough for a 3100lbs (with a full tank)car and yes I lowered it about a half inch

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
the only things I did to the car was a custom tune and intercooler upgrade now I'm running 300hp 325trq which is enough for a 3100lbs (with a full tank)car and yes I lowered it about a half inch
That sounds like a perfect setup.. I was looking at doing the Steele CAI, a BOV (I had a d1sc on my cobra, I love the sound of a BOV), probably the Cobb tuner, shifter, and probably the Ford Motor sport exhaust At first... It'll get Springs and wheels asap. Haven't looked into the intercooler wasn't sure the real gains vs the install and $$ involved.

mustangray

Established Member
Sounds like a plan !
I just kept it simple but IC is a must if you up the tune the stock one is ok but it gets heat soaked after a couple of runs plus when you consider the thermal dynamics involved with a good tune better safe then sorry (plus it did make a big difference)
I ran the car hard for over an hour straight in 108 deg. air temp and my charge air temp (that's after it's compressed) at it's highest only got up to 98 with me pushing 20psi on the run

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Sounds like a plan !
I just kept it simple but IC is a must if you up the tune the stock one is ok but it gets heat soaked after a couple of runs plus when you consider the thermal dynamics involved with a good tune better safe then sorry (plus it did make a big difference)
I ran the car hard for over an hour straight in 108 deg. air temp and my charge air temp (that's after it's compressed) at it's highest only got up to 98 with me pushing 20psi on the run
I'll Def add that to the must do list. Me being the domestic ricer that I am, after having my BOV on my cobra be so loud, will probably do a BOV and a shifter first.. It depends on the stock shifter, but I've never cared for a stock throw on anything I've ever owned. After that it'll be my little money pit.. Lol my main goal is to keep it simple, my cobra was far from simple and had so much power I was chasing weak links. I'd like to be sitting around 300 hp at the tires.. I think that's more than enough on that car.

Nuked

Established Member
Be hard pressed to hit 300hp at the wheels on the stock turbo. I think the highest anyone has hit so far is 290's and thats on E85. Pump gas is in the 280's. There are a couple of "modified" stock turbos that are in the works. One has already hit 300 on 91 octane and looks to be a good option. Until fueling problem is resolved, numbers will be limited without the use of race fuel/meth injection.

Mustangray - looks good! What springs did you go with?

SQ

mustangray

Established Member
Be hard pressed to hit 300hp at the wheels on the stock turbo. I think the highest anyone has hit so far is 290's and thats on E85. Pump gas is in the 280's. There are a couple of "modified" stock turbos that are in the works. One has already hit 300 on 91 octane and looks to be a good option. Until fueling problem is resolved, numbers will be limited without the use of race fuel/meth injection.

Mustangray - looks good! What springs did you go with?

SQ

Hey nuked just some Eibach pro kits

Users who are viewing this thread