July Shutdown

coldid

Established Member
Does anyone know if they actually built any Shelbys last week or are they in July shutdown mode until 7/17?

WDW MKR

Established Member
ScareCrow said:
it's a crazy little thing called vacation for us. but we still piss and moan.

Vacations can't be staggered so that production continues? Not being a smart ass... just can't imagine shutting down our entire site so that folks can take a mass vacation.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
"Vacations can't be staggered so that production continues? Not being a smart ass... just can't imagine shutting down our entire site so that folks can take a mass vacation."

Those are just the scheduled 2 weeks off for the big 3 every year. Although , certain car lines do run depending on their demand at the time. So it is possible that they are running , but not for sure.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
lol........Ryan02stang , you go and make a comment like that , then proceed to make a new thread about terminator owners crying over the gt500. Umm.......do you realize your doing the same thing your knocking the terminator owners for ? Anyhoo , ......um...yeah , have fun bro

rezcobra

Established Member
Ryan02Stang said:
Omg The Gt500 Sucks Ass...its On July Shutdown, It Weighs 8 Million Pounds, Its So Slow, Its 1 Billion Dollars. My 03 Is So Much Better Than Any Gay Ass Gt500!

What a crybaby GT500 hater!! Don't like it, don't buy one, simple as that!! LOL!!! :pepper: :banana: :pop:

Ryan02Stang

Established Member
ScareCrow said:
lol........Ryan02stang , you go and make a comment like that , then proceed to make a new thread about terminator owners crying over the gt500. Umm.......do you realize your doing the same thing your knocking the terminator owners for ? Anyhoo , ......um...yeah , have fun bro
SchwarzeneggerTerminator1copy.jpg

cobrao3

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Vacations can't be staggered so that production continues? Not being a smart ass... just can't imagine shutting down our entire site so that folks can take a mass vacation.
they cant get people to come work for 30 dollars an hours in the summer so they do a mass refief.

cobrao3

Established Member
ScareCrow said:
"Vacations can't be staggered so that production continues? Not being a smart ass... just can't imagine shutting down our entire site so that folks can take a mass vacation."

Those are just the scheduled 2 weeks off for the big 3 every year. Although , certain car lines do run depending on their demand at the time. So it is possible that they are running , but not for sure.
no there shut down

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
Shutdown is when major plant PM is done as well as changing over lines and other essential things that cannot be done when production is in process. I worked for a bearing manufacturer and we had shutdown 1 week in summer and 1 week in winter. It is SOP and trust me for a big manufacturer like Ford I doubt even with 3 shifts and 2 weeks they can get everything done they are planning to do during shutdown

WDW MKR

Established Member
cobraCMDR said:
Shutdown is when major plant PM is done as well as changing over lines and other essential things that cannot be done when production is in process. I worked for a bearing manufacturer and we had shutdown 1 week in summer and 1 week in winter. It is SOP and trust me for a big manufacturer like Ford I doubt even with 3 shifts and 2 weeks they can get everything done they are planning to do during shutdown

I know all about shutdowns. We just went through a 28-day TAR for our #1 unit during which we probalby spent near $1bil in Capital money for repairs and new installations. That means a month of basically no days off and long hours... not vacation. He stated that it was for vacations. Why would you purposely schedule for a new line to be down for maintenance after only a few weeks of production?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread