Just got back from the NYC auto show.....

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
red03cobra said:
Vert weighs more, unsafe on rollover and not allow on tracks without a roll cage. who needs a vert? Not me.

I buy my cars to drive daily. Track use is a bonus. There is nothing better than a Cobra with the roof down on a nice day. And I do drive them at the track - 4 or more times a year at Road Atlanta. The only problem is I get stuck in lead follow sessions without a roll bar.

My convertible is putting down over 440 rwhp with no problems latching the top, closing the doors or anything else - at over 30,000 miles.

I do agree it is a bummer not being able to drive completely open track events. That is why Ford needs to put a nonintrusive roll system in the car like Porsche, BMW, Corvette etc. This would allow open track use. And by track I mean road course, not drag racing.

And by the way, anyone driving a production car at the track is a poser, convertible or no. If you want to be a real racer get a real track prepped car - stripped, full roll cage, five point harness, fire supression, suspension, differential cooler, etc. And get out there and trade paint like a man. I am looking for one of these now. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread