Just got k&n oilfilter,mobil1 5w30

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Hopefully this will quiet everything down a tad. If anyone wants the part# for the k&n oil filter its hp2010 12.99 at autozone!!!:beer:

papo30

Established Member
k/n or the mobil 1 oilfilters are the best .but if you change your oil every 2,000 m like i do best to stick with the motorcraft. .3,00$ or 14,00$ you pick

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Originally posted by kaboom
Dont go over 500 hp with that motorcraft filter.

Why not? Oil pressure is the same right? Filtering is the same? Whats hp got to do with it? :shrug: Learn me somethin please!:thumbsup:

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Originally posted by 04MystiCobra
Why not? Oil pressure is the same right? Filtering is the same? Whats hp got to do with it? :shrug: Learn me somethin please!:thumbsup:
How do you like to collapse? they dont make better filters for nothing or do they to sell them to people like me for $12.99:cryying: my money!!!!!

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Comparison of filters for you kaboom
http://www.frankhunt.com/FRANK/corvette/articles/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstudy.html

K&N, Mobil, Puralator which also makes the ford 820s are all good.
You can look at SPF but most seem to look at MPF which I don’t thinks that good. WHY? Because they can get there flow rate up yet still have good Micron efficiency.

for those that are unfamiliar with terms

SPF = Single Pass Efficiency. Single pass of oil and what size contaminants the filter will stop with one pass

MPF = Multi Pass Efficiency multi pass means the ability to re filter over and over and over the oil and what size micron will it finally get the oil down to. Now if you think about it means larger size contaminants can flow threw engine and get into bearing and score journals till the filter finally gets it filtered out. Also by allowing this type of element they can get away with usually less media inside. With going by MPF they don’t have to worry about flow rates like a SPF with a good rating. Cost more to produce a good SPF rating filter to a 5 micron or 10 micron to get the oil flow.

MPF just not as good in my book. Although if you have a filter that states nothing else its better than a filter that you cant get any info on. Stay away from Fram I had a filter blow out and ended losing a engine on a Buick spun bearing http://www.filtercouncil.org/techdata/tsbs/88-3R.html

As a standard glass media filter is always best. Why? because they can control the filter media.

I change my oil every 500 miles and just use the Motorcraft 820S
it’s a good filter

BenD

Established Member
About Mobil 1 Oils

Mobil 1, 0W-20 I believe was designed with the double O.H. 32 valve motor in mind. It says on the container that it meets the requirements of Ford specs. WSS-M2C 153-H, what ever that is!

According to Mobil it's designed for the newer Ford engines ie., ithe Cobra motor too. In any case I've been using it for 6 months now, and racing my car hard at track events.

Unlike most people I'm paranoid about oil contamination and I mean really paranoid, especially when it's exposed to heat and consistent high RPM's. I change oil and filter every 500 miles whether it needs it or not.!Ocassionally I even change it when I get bored.

Users who are viewing this thread