just installed L/T's, should I get a tune and new plugs??

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I just installed my L/T headers, and I'm curious as to what the forum members feel/think.

The car is already layin down 625 at the wheels thru the stock manifolds with a whipple pushing 19 pounds. I personally think that it would be smarter to go with a one step colder plugs, and get it tuned. I'm already running tr6's, so I'll have to step down one more stage. As for the tune...I'm not towing the car 300 miles for a tune because of long tubes. Would a mail order tune for the XcalII be fine? Also, who is recommended. Amazon, LFP, Lethal, HPBH??? I have read great things about all of them, and if one of them happens to be open and willing to help me with a tune on a SATURDAY, they will have my business.

Thanks guys, L/T write up with pictures will be done by sunday, if all goes well.

I've read on ModularFords several posts regarding the popular tuners on there that have seen headers, specifically LTs...throw off the A/F radically. I think it would be dangerous not to have your A/F looked at without a wideband. especially with your WHIPPPPLED monster.

Users who are viewing this thread