Just making sure...

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Ok So I had my friend who onws a transmission shop cut my flywheel down a little bit so that it is freash again and good to use. Now he ordered me a Center Force Dual Friction Clutch and Pressure Plate along with a new TOB, Fire-wall adjuster, Quadrant, Free play kit, and shim kit.

So my question was I can use the stock flywheel with the Centerforce clutch and Pressure plate can't I?
Im pretty sure I can but I just wanted to make sure. Thx guys! :beer: :beer:

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
Yes, you can. In fact, if you've already had it resurfaced, there's really no advantage to an aftermarket flywheel. The OEM aluminum piece weighs about the same as the $300 fidanza.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Yes, you can.

However, after handling both the stock, and Fidanza aluminum, I can tell you that the Fidanza is a tougher piece(less flex). It also has a replaceable friction surface.

However, the stocker has held up fine in many high powered applications with the clutch that you mentioned.

Also, you will LOVE the Fiore pieces. Only thing I suggest is that you add the MM pedal height adjuster to it to get it down out of the air.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Thx you guys for the responses, after resurfacing the stock flywheel it looks brand new again! I plan on running this set up for a while until I have enough $$ to go full whipple or Turbo down the road.
Anyone know what kinda life span the Centerforce DF clutch has? Again it wont see any drag passes most likley...
Oh and I am going to look into the MM pedal adjuster.

Users who are viewing this thread