K&N question

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Saturday I was changing oil again 5950 miles and decided to change the air filter too since it is dirty from having the snorkel off. So I got a K&N.

Now my boost guage goes almost to 10 wtf? It would never go past 8 before and the car pulls like a mf...

And to answer all those who keep asking, yes I like the sound of my FR500.

Its louder than stock but doesn't sound like a 68 Camarro with headers and glass packs... lol

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
Saturday I was changing oil again 5950 miles and decided to change the air filter too since it is dirty from having the snorkel off. So I got a K&N.

Now my boost guage goes almost to 10 wtf? It would never go past 8 before and the car pulls like a mf...

And to answer all those who keep asking, yes I like the sound of my FR500.

Its louder than stock but doesn't sound like a 68 Camarro with headers and glass packs... lol

There is boost loss through the stock airbox/filter combo due to its restrictive nature. Increase the flow capacity of that intake setup and you will reduce the pressure drop through it. This shows up as regaining lost boost.

Mark

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
...snip...

...snip...

When I peg mine it hits 10 hard enough to almost hear the "bell", the one on the carnival strong man contest. Hit it with the hammer and the little weight goes up and hits it ~DinG~

Users who are viewing this thread