KB 03 Red Anniversary

zerokube

Captain Happy Pants
Established Member
if i lived in tx i would buy it but i live in south florida. also i would have to drive my car all the way there unless i found a private buyer. I'm sad.

Shanezam203

Established Member
RedfireSVT said:
What is it that makes you think it's such a good deal?
Yeah, I'm with you buddy. Since it isnt being sold on here, we can mention the price being high. I sold my 03 10th anniversary with 12,000 miles last year for $26,500. I know this one has a KB, but that's it, and it has 25,000 miles.

If the car was going for $23,000 or so, that may be a "Good Deal" but almost $30,000 for that car? I dont think it will sell for that. Maybe I'm wrong.

:coolman: Shane

RedfireSVT

Established Member
I don't see any N2O but the price is to high for 25,000 miles. And with a KB those are 25,000 hard driven miles. $33,000 for the white vert is even worse. A KB or Whipple does not make a high mileage car worth $30K, if anything it lowers the value in my mind. A used blower can be had for $2,500. I personally wouldn't buy one with a KB unless it was from someone I knew. North Texas Nissan is right down the street from my house and they always have alot of Mustangs on the lot as well as other high end performance cars. They get these cars from anywhere and everywhere and believe me I've seen some go through there that I knew had issues, not saying these 2 Cobras do but the price is to high, as is the case with most dealerships. Just my 2 cents.

McConaughey

Established Member
You guys are funny.

Don't be so quick to judge. I am extremely familliar with both cars they are selling. Both have had the Kenne Bell blowers on them for less than 5k miles. Nobody purchased a brand new cobra and threw a Kenne Bell on there. The anniversary car has about $20K in modifications, and the vert has about $55k in the motor alone.
Both cars are immaculate, and in need of nothing.

The question you should be asking is "why a dealership is asking the same price as individuals selling there cars on this forum with the same modifications?"

I purchased both of these cars a few months ago and was forced to sell because of family issues. I just don't see how both cars ended up at North Texas Nissan. I'm not sure about their reputation, but both of these cars are amazing and insanely fast.

BTW... neither of them have ever had juice.

If you need a list of modifications for either car, just shoot me a pm or e-mail. I'm sure the dealership has no idea about the modifications that either car has.

Last edited:

5lightning0

Greyghost
Established Member
:bs: :bs: :bs:
McConaughey said:
Don't be so quick to judge. I am extremely familliar with both cars they are selling. Both have had the Kenne Bell blowers on them for less than 5k miles. Nobody purchased a brand new cobra and threw a Kenne Bell on there. The anniversary car has about $20K in modifications, and the vert has about $55k in the motor alone.
Both cars are immaculate, and in need of nothing.

The question you should be asking is "why a dealership is asking the same price as individuals selling there cars on this forum with the same modifications?"

I purchased both of these cars a few months ago and was forced to sell because of family issues. I just don't see how both cars ended up at North Texas Nissan. I'm not sure about their reputation, but both of these cars are amazing and insanely fast.:bs:

BTW... neither of them have ever had juice.

If you need a list of modifications for either car, just shoot me a pm or e-mail. I'm sure the dealership has no idea about the modifications that either car has.

McConaughey

Established Member
rookie89 said:
lol. $55,000 in the vert's motor alone.... Uh ok. Sounds like you work for that dealer

Think what you want. If you do your research on both cars, they were purchased off of this forum. I was simply offering my knowledge about the cars to any potential buyers. My intention wasn't to be called out by children who hope to one day own a cobra... or any car for that matter.
Wondering about $55,000?
New style Kenne Bell 2.2L blower, Fully built top and bottom ends, CP rods, CP pistons, Crower Stage 3 cams.... if you took a magazine with all of the aftermarket components for a 4.6 liter Cobra motor and put a check mark next to every top of the line component, you would have the motor in this car. Not to mention the labor that was involved with every modification.

There are big upsides and big downsides to owning a car like this, and I wanted to make sure the next guy to own the car knew what they were.

As for the Anniversary car, I still have complete documentation for the car. All reciepts, books, and instruction manuals. The guy I sold it to never picked any of it up after the sale and never contacted me again. If you purchase the car, I live about 50 miles away from the dealership and I'll be more than happy to give it to you.

Blown02

Established Member
McConaughey said:
Think what you want. If you do your research on both cars, they were purchased off of this forum. I was simply offering my knowledge about the cars to any potential buyers. My intention wasn't to be called out by children who hope to one day own a cobra... or any car for that matter.
Wondering about $55,000?
New style Kenne Bell 2.2L blower, Fully built top and bottom ends, CP rods, CP pistons, Crower Stage 3 cams.... if you took a magazine with all of the aftermarket components for a 4.6 liter Cobra motor and put a check mark next to every top of the line component, you would have the motor in this car. Not to mention the labor that was involved with every modification.

There are big upsides and big downsides to owning a car like this, and I wanted to make sure the next guy to own the car knew what they were.

As for the Anniversary car, I still have complete documentation for the car. All reciepts, books, and instruction manuals. The guy I sold it to never picked any of it up after the sale and never contacted me again. If you purchase the car, I live about 50 miles away from the dealership and I'll be more than happy to give it to you.

55k? Maybe for both motors. I had my 4v built.. Theres no way in hell it costs 55k.

McConaughey

Established Member
Blown02 said:
55k? Maybe for both motors. I had my 4v built.. Theres no way in hell it costs 55k.

I thought the same way you did when I spoke with the original owner. I could imagine $30k tops. When somebody walks in to a performance shop, has too much money, and says "I want the best of everything." it aparently costs a fortune. The reciepts and the expression on my mechanics face after replacing header gaskets reinforced what he had told me.

Make no mistake, I could never afford to build a car like that. I can afford to take one off of someones hands though.... well, I could afford it. After replacing the gaskets, getting it tuned to my altitude and the current temps, and putting $400 worth of rear tires on it I was forced to sell it. Shit happens, and some things are more important than 700 hp.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
awax_cobrastang said:
dude are you retarded a kb doesnt make it hard miles. It is a more efficient blower, and breathes alot better than the eaton. You dont know what your talking about
I'b be willing to bet I know more about these cars than you my friend. I'm well aware that both the Whipple and Kenne Bell are considerably more efficient than the stock Eaton. However if you turn the boost way up and beat on the car then that becomes a detriment to engine longevity regardless of how efficient it is. Like I already said I wouldn't purchase a vehicle like that unless I knew the owner because there is no way of knowing the cars history. Personally, I think that's sound advice for buying a modded car, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with either one of these cars. If you disagree that's fine, please keep your insults to yourself.......

McConaughey

Established Member
RedfireSVT said:
I'b be willing to bet I know more about these cars than you my friend. I'm well aware that both the Whipple and Kenne Bell are considerably more efficient than the stock Eaton. However if you turn the boost way up and beat on the car then that becomes a detriment to engine longevity regardless of how efficient it is. Like I already said I wouldn't purchase a vehicle like that unless I knew the owner because there is no way of knowing the cars history. Personally, I think that's sound advice for buying a modded car, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with either one of these cars. If you disagree that's fine, please keep your insults to yourself.......

That is the only reason I posted on here. I know both cars inside and out. If someone purchased one of them from a dealer, the only things they would be told are "We've certafied the car" and "An old man traded it in to us".

Users who are viewing this thread