KB/Aluminator tuning/boost questions??

Ratchet

Established Member
So right now, on a 3" pulley on the 2.2 KB I am building about 15 psi right off the bat, which slowly creeps to right around 17 psi near 6000rpm. I picked up a 2.75" pulley to throw on. My questions are, will this push me close to 20psi at top end? And at that boost level am I in any danger with 94 octane tune.
Right now as far as I know I am at 18 degrees of timing, and last time st the track my af gauge was low 11's high 10's all the way down the track. My car read 582 rwhp on a dynojet, but only ran 119 thru the traps. And 94 mph thru the 1/8. This was on street tires... Before I had the tune checked and smoothed out a bit there was a slight lean spot down low, maybe running to 12.2af just below 4000 rpm. With this tune, the car would run 99mph thru the 1/8 but only 115-116 thru the traps. So this leads me to the question, what the heck to you tuners out there think is the best plan of action with my tune. I'm probably gonna scrap the whole tune and start over, cause to my thinking the car should be runnin at least 125 they the traps.
My mods are, new aluminator, 2.2 KB, 60lb injectors, fore hat, 2 ford gt pumps, 2fpdm's, dual wiring harness upgrade, Bassani full exhaust from headers back and a newish dfx clutch... That's about all I can remember for now.

Thanks for any input guys...

20-COBRA-03

Banned
So right now, on a 3" pulley on the 2.2 KB I am building about 15 psi right off the bat, which slowly creeps to right around 17 psi near 6000rpm. I picked up a 2.75" pulley to throw on. My questions are, will this push me close to 20psi at top end? And at that boost level am I in any danger with 94 octane tune.
Right now as far as I know I am at 18 degrees of timing, and last time st the track my af gauge was low 11's high 10's all the way down the track. My car read 582 rwhp on a dynojet, but only ran 119 thru the traps. And 94 mph thru the 1/8. This was on street tires... Before I had the tune checked and smoothed out a bit there was a slight lean spot down low, maybe running to 12.2af just below 4000 rpm. With this tune, the car would run 99mph thru the 1/8 but only 115-116 thru the traps. So this leads me to the question, what the heck to you tuners out there think is the best plan of action with my tune. I'm probably gonna scrap the whole tune and start over, cause to my thinking the car should be runnin at least 125 they the traps.
My mods are, new aluminator, 2.2 KB, 60lb injectors, fore hat, 2 ford gt pumps, 2fpdm's, dual wiring harness upgrade, Bassani full exhaust from headers back and a newish dfx clutch... That's about all I can remember for now.

Thanks for any input guys...

that timing seems excessive for a twin screw on 18lbs or more, to me anyways... you shouldn't stay WOT if you catch your WB at aything over 12.0 ... then after you had the tune gone through, to be dipping into the 10's is too rich IMO

Ratchet

Established Member
that timing seems excessive for a twin screw on 18lbs or more, to me anyways... you shouldn't stay WOT if you catch your WB at aything over 12.0 ... then after you had the tune gone through, to be dipping into the 10's is too rich IMO

So perhaps take some timing out and lean it out some with fuel then. And yeah, then leaning out was just a slight blip under 4000 rpm, after that it riched right up into the 10's AF by the time it hit 6500rpm. After seeing this we riched it up a Lil bit down low and added a slight bit of timing up top over 4000 rpm, which didn't really do much to the AF. I guess it leaned it out a bit, but still low 11's AF. The 1/8 mile mph was 99mph before the Lil fix but only 115 mph up top. After the tune tweak it ran 94mph in the 1/8 and 119 thru the traps.

I'm not the one that tuned or who is going to be doing the full tune, I'm just trying to understand what my car is doing tune wise. Thanks guys. Btw, my track is at sea level, but it's pretty hot usually and get's a fair amount of "bad air".

2002BLGT

Established Member
15lbs and good fuel should be able to run 19 degrees or so unless compression is higher than normal , 20lbs I would pull timing down to 17 or less

Users who are viewing this thread