KB/whipple and spray!?!?!?!

LeoGSVT

Banned
just curious to see if anyone is soo hungry for power they put a small shot of juice on their Kb or Whipple setup! Im going with a whipple this month...and have a zex kit sitting in the garage and was wondering wheter to sell it or maybe spray a tiny shot on the car to cool things off...what kind of power would that thing make!! :burnout:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
LTHL PSI did this, i think he picked up 40hp on a 30 shot, and about 80+ rwtq. put down some crazy numbers like 650/690 @ 23psi. Pretty sure he was at 610/590 off the bottle.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I'm running the Whipple at 15 1/2 #s.
Spraying a 50 shot.

560HP without

633 with the Nitrous. Probably a little more when I fix the leaking line. HA! HA!

Dana

stangfreak

Established Member
iv read that nitrous ruins the rotors on the kb? is that true? kb also does not recommend using nitrous with there blowers. any solid evidence as of why not?

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
My KB will be installed soon and I'll be hitting it with a 50shot (NX wet kit). I only plan to run 17psi for now though.

Slythrin

Im putting down 615- 625 with the KB and I also have a 150 shot just in case some one thinks there going to beat me. I'd say 780 hp and yes I have the tick as well in the 03 ( not the 04 in my sig.)

Last edited by a moderator:

03yellow

Established Member
Your kit would make a great dry shot. Check zex ...I think they have a new spray nozzle that will go in the end of the filter. I would use the kit as a small
(50) dry shot. I never could get more than 89 hp on my GT with the zex dry kit.

I ran a wet shot on my cobra for about 2 weeks ; I didnt like the way the car responded: it was a little jumpy if you kicked in the shot at too low of rpm and was jerkey if your rpm dropped off between shifts.You MUST have a window switch with a wet kit!
Ive had a wet shot before and you dont want to miss a gear. If you miss a gear with a dry shot its much more forgiving.

You might use it to cool things down. Im over the bottle and dont want it in my car anymore.

If were me and I wanted more power. I would change pulleys and purchase race gas. If I wanted to cool things down I would sell the Zex kit and get an ice box under the hood.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153757&highlight=ice+box

Just my two bits

LeoGSVT said:
just curious to see if anyone is soo hungry for power they put a small shot of juice on their Kb or Whipple setup! Im going with a whipple this month...and have a zex kit sitting in the garage and was wondering wheter to sell it or maybe spray a tiny shot on the car to cool things off...what kind of power would that thing make!! :burnout:

Last edited:

Slythrin

Dont be skerd! I race for money all the time and if your doing a N02 shot you will need a wet kit that is the only way to go I have 2 cobras both of them run the wet kit and pulleys and make well over 600 hp in one and 750 in the other I use them for stret racing to take chumps money on friday night. a dry shot will not work well and only lean out the motor. we have tried it and the risk isnt worth it just run a 100 shot you will love it I USE A 200 SHOT on my DD

03yellow said:
Your kit would make a great dry shot. Check zex ...I
think they have a new spray nozzle that will go in the end of the filter. I would use the kit as a small
(50) dry shot. I never could get more than 89 hp on my GT with the zex dry kit.

I ran a wet shot on my cobra for about 2 weeks ; I didnt like the way the car responded: it was a little jumpy if you kicked in the shot at too low of rpm and was jerkey if your rpm dropped off between shifts.You MUST have a window switch with a wet kit!
Ive had a wet shot before and you dont want to miss a gear. If you miss a gear with a dry shot its much more forgiving.

You might use it to cool things down. Im over the bottle and dont want it in my car anymore.

If were me and I wanted more power. I would change pulleys and purchase race gas. If I wanted to cool things down I would sell the Zex kit and get an ice box under the hood.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153757&highlight=ice+box

Just my two bits

Devo27KR

Established Member
LeoGSVT said:

I believe the guys name on here is 00SVTdubs...Check his car out..he has a 2.4KB w/ Cams and a spray that made 830rwhp/880rwtq. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread