Kenne Bell Installation Video

blackgt87

Established Member
I recently installed a Kenne Bell 2.8LC twin screw supercharger on my 2012 5.0 Mustang, and made an installation video while I did. The purpose of me making this video is to show people what it's like to do this install at home, from the perspective of a true backyard mechanic. This is not from some professional race shop with unlimited tools and experience. I have never installed a blower on anything, but I have done some extensive modifications to cars. I have basic hand tools, the only tools I got specifically for this job were a heat gun, and I borrowed a friends torque wrench that reads in in-lbs. I don't think any of the tools required for this install are things a backyard mechanic shouldn't own anyway. The amount of time required for each section is generous, and includes BSing and breaks and gathering parts and tools. So if you allot yourself as much time as it took me, you will have enough time to get great results like I did. And also end up with a clean professional looking install. Even picky car guys have complimented my engine bay when they see it in person.

This is intended to supplement the amazing Kenne Bell instructions, and let you know what you're getting into if you decide to install this kit yourself at home with no lift and no fancy shop. I couldn't cover every single step and actually make a video people could sit through lol, but I tried to show all the problems I had (which wasn't many), and the important stuff I thought people would want to see. Please feel free to ask questions, the whole reason I am making this is to spread information about my install, and let people know what a GREAT company Kenne Bell is, and what kind of awesome product and customer service they provide. It is truly top notch.

Enjoy!

2012 Mustang 5.0 Kenne Bell Installation - YouTube

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
i did my install last year in less than 10 hours. it is so simple most people can do it in their driveway. my shop wasnt built yet and we used all hand tools and worked on the ground.

blackgt87

Established Member
Nice job man! I'm sure this will help many in the future.

Thanks!

i did my install last year in less than 10 hours. it is so simple most people can do it in their driveway. my shop wasnt built yet and we used all hand tools and worked on the ground.

That is not surprising at all, if I had to do this again knowing what I know now I bet I could do it in 12 hours or so. And have a blast while doing it!

Users who are viewing this thread