Kenne bell-Procharger users. In here

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
I was thinking of getting a kenne bell or maybe the new procharger set up. The one thing that concerns me is the stock pistons in these things. I think the bottom end is probably strong enough but the pistons and rods make me nervous. I know for a fact that these pistions and rods were not made to withstand 600 horsepower. So my quesion is has anyone had any problems yet. I know alot of people run these kinds of setups but i think people will start having problems w/ piston, rings and rods. Tell me what you think.

Wayneo

Established Member
I thought it was the wrist pins that were not holding up and not the pistons and rods, but then again I don't have a kb or procharger so :shrug:

CS 1

Originally posted by Justin Blake
I was thinking of getting a kenne bell or maybe the new procharger set up. The one thing that concerns me is the stock pistons in these things. I think the bottom end is probably strong enough but the pistons and rods make me nervous. I know for a fact that these pistions and rods were not made to withstand 600 horsepower. So my quesion is has anyone had any problems yet. I know alot of people run these kinds of setups but i think people will start having problems w/ piston, rings and rods. Tell me what you think.

The piston wals are the weak point. I have seen two diff cars have the same failure at the higher boost levels (above 16). The skirts just start to cave in. Too much boost will put a whoopin on inferior pistons. So yes it's the pistons but specifically the walss/skirts. JE makes replacements and from what i am told they are the way to go. Hope that helps

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Touch a KB after driving home 130 miles then touch my P1-sc2 after i just drove home 130 miles from Larocca's ...beating on it every toll booth...i can hold my hand on it and its not evn close to warm....EFFICIENCY is the key boys and girls......Heat is the enemy......

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread