Kenny Brown Extreme...

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I'm running it, but I elected to pay to have it installed, even though I've got my own welder and air tools. I would say it's too much of a pain in the ass if you don't have access to a lift. I paid 240.00 to get it installed at JBA Racing in San Diego, takes about 3 to 4 hours.

apache driver

Established Member
Hey thanks, I don't have access to a lift either so I guess I'll have to pay someone to install it. Is this something a local muffler or brake shop can do correctly or should I take it to a performance shop for the install.

Last edited:

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Im thinking about getting subframe connector's next month. I was planning to take it to the local Meineke. I hear their cheap and they do a pretty good job.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I have some of the parts in my garage right now. Still waiting on the Subs tehmselves, then taking them to the shop that the local speed shop reccomends. I can weld, have the stuff, but scared of burning up the car, so ill let pros do it.

03Red10th

Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Here you go...Don't know the price because I had a bunch of other stuff installed. :beer:

Under_Carrige.jpg

03Cobra745

I'm also looking to have the KB complete extreme matrix subframe system installed. My concern is paint protection AFTER the install. I want to make sure that the welds, grounded, exposed areas and the frame itself are protected from the environment and rust.

I was thinking of taking it to a body shop, because I want something as tough as the factory underbody paint job.

Recommendations?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
DO NOT TAKE IT TO ANY ONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE A 4 POST LIFT!

it will be the worse mistake of your life. these things are make your car stiff! you will have no flex left after these. with this said if it goes on twisted the car will be twisted FOREVER! last thing you want is to go to pick your car up and the doors wont shut right any more.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
According to Kenny Brown your not suppose to install these using the type of Lift pictured in the above post.

You are suppose to install them on a Drive-On-Lift where the weight of the car stays on the wheels. If you don't you can end up with a permanent tweek in your chassis.

03Red10th

Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
I just called them and this is how he did it.

If you look at the time/date stamp you will see a tranny jack. He used that to put pressure and push the matrix brace into the subframes so they were completely straight and level. There was enough pressure to lift each side of the car so he could weld them on perfectly flush under the weight of the vehicle. The car is straight and the doors close perfectly. With all the suspension mods he did that day, the biggest difference I notice is a lack of wheel hop. :-D It's not gone completely but It's a helluva lot better now. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread