Kenwood/Maestro issue with TPMS

5.0_SD

Established Member
I hope someone can help me on this. First let me say that I did not install the Maestro/Kenwood, had a shop do it.
The issue is this, it seems that on my display screen on the Kenwood that the tire pressures are reading accurately but not the correct location. To clarify, the passenger side pressures are being shown on the drivers side of the display and the drivers side stuff is showing on the passenger side.
Did the tap wires backwards or does the TPMS need to be reprogrammed? I'm at a loss for what to do.

scott_0

Established Member
hrmmmm, I noticed this with my maestro too, I ain't too worried about it honestly, but would be nice if it worked as intended.......

5.0_SD

Established Member
It's nice to know I'm not the only one....I discovered this because I had a low pressure indication, put more air in what I thought was the correct tire...drove and no change but noticed much higher on the opposite side. So then I went, hmmmmm, checked the opposite side from what I filled and sure enough, read exactly what the low tire was supposed to but, as said before, the wrong one on the display.
Hopefully 12VGuy can shed some light.

rdplain

Established Member
I just did this system yesterday, and was wondering about the tire location as well. From what I have found online, it sounds like the sensors need to "learn" their location.
Found this info on doing the relearn.

1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi.

2) Turn ignition to the on position.

3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" on the dash display.

4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".

5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.

6) Repeat for the the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.

7) You should now see "Training Complete" on the dash display.

8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure.

I am headed outside to try this now!

Last edited:

rdplain

Established Member
Just tried it, and it works. Now all tires read in the proper location on the Vehicle Info screen.

Just an FYI. I had to drop out 3-4 PSI on the first 3 tires, and 7 PSI out of the last one.

Last edited:

12V Guy

Established Member
I just did this system yesterday, and was wondering about the tire location as well. From what I have found online, it sounds like the sensors need to "learn" their location.
Found this info on doing the relearn.

1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi.

2) Turn ignition to the on position.

3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" on the dash display.

4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".

5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.

6) Repeat for the the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.

7) You should now see "Training Complete" on the dash display.

8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure.

I am headed outside to try this now!

This is correct and nothing to do with Maestro. The locations are fixed in the databus, but tire shops move the wheels around and don't reprogram. Then we can't do anything about it. The car needs to know which tire is where and you can just makes sure you tire shop always reprograms properly. They have tools to do this much easier than the above process and they should do it, but many don't because the OEM setup doesn't use the location as it only has a single idiot light.

Best,

5.0_SD

Established Member
LMAO...the tire shop said my car was too new and there was no reprogram sequence available to them at the time! He said I had to go to the dealer for them to reprogram! I will try the above method this weekend.

scott_0

Established Member
finally found time to try the training, worked perfectly! that's some good posting rdplain, thanks!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread