Kooks Full Exhaust for the Shelby GT350 Mustang

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Established Member
Those "funky" manifolds are pretty darn impressive in the flesh. Given the emission constraints placed upon this powerplant its a miracle that they even made it, especially considering that much of their construction is done by hand (tig welding).

True, but I bet the minute they hear the sound and feel the power difference I bet they won't miss them one bit.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
What happened to Ford tuning the exhaust to minimize NVH from a (relatively) huge FPC engine? Aftermarket headers won't screw that up?

krt22

Established Member
From a technical standpoint they will.
Especially if they eliminate the factory mass dampers. If they retain them, it'll be a little tricky to determine what the real impact will be without a full analysis of the corresponding natural frequencies and what not.

I will definitely not be the guinea pig for anything at all attached to the drive line. Mine is staying bone stock for quite some times sans the resonator deletes.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You nailed it regarding frequency attenuation. It would be kind of neat if the aftermarket did their homework and made it public just how they addressed any issues along those lines though. I'm with you and would leave well enough alone. The only thing that has caught my interest are the high temps that have been commented on a few times now during track testing and what it would take to mitigate any related issues.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
What I don't really get is Ford made the exhaust LOUD on the GT350. Like ridiculously loud. And the PCOTY reviewer basically talked for 2-3 paragraphs on how good it sounded.

But of course, everyone that buys a mustang has to put full exhaust on it because that's just the cool thing to do? I don't get it. (plus most of the coyote cars with exhaust I've heard are louder than hell and sound absolutely terrible)

jtfx6552

Established Member
What I don't really get is Ford made the exhaust LOUD on the GT350. Like ridiculously loud. And the PCOTY reviewer basically talked for 2-3 paragraphs on how good it sounded.

But of course, everyone that buys a mustang has to put full exhaust on it because that's just the cool thing to do? I don't get it. (plus most of the coyote cars with exhaust I've heard are louder than hell and sound absolutely terrible)

I've thought that many times. Because long tubes were the go to mod in the early days, people still do it. Really cracks me up on the fixed displacement blower cars as the long tubes does very little.

I know everyone talks about the FPC results on the Ferrari, so the GT350 will make 100 more rear wheel with long tubes, lol.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I've thought that many times. Because long tubes were the go to mod in the early days, people still do it. Really cracks me up on the fixed displacement blower cars as the long tubes does very little.

I know everyone talks about the FPC results on the Ferrari, so the GT350 will make 100 more rear wheel with long tubes, lol.

Didn't Mahle say they made like 75 hp more or something with headers on this engine?

I don't think that helped with that rumor.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I'm crossing my fingers that it will make that with headers and a tune, but I'm not sold on it. The Mahle rumor was that they made 600bhp by uncapping the headers. I don't know if they meant stock headers or aftermarket ones.

Users who are viewing this thread