LED reverse lights HELP!!!

Moreboost88

Established Member
Hey Jared,

I purchased a set of LED reverse lights for an 08 GT 500 about 4 mths ago, everything works great, but at night time the LED lights have a light glow to them for about 15 mins even while im driving. Is their anyway to fix this problem? I know you have talked about this on the GT 500 forums, but I figured the computer in the car would recognize the LEDs by now.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey Jared,

I purchased a set of LED reverse lights for an 08 GT 500 about 4 mths ago, everything works great, but at night time the LED lights have a light glow to them for about 15 mins even while im driving. Is their anyway to fix this problem? I know you have talked about this on the GT 500 forums, but I figured the computer in the car would recognize the LEDs by now.

You could put resistors in and it would stop the glow completely. Even though the computer recognized the new non-conventional LED bulb the LED bulb itself doesn't have the same resistance which is why it will still glow without a resistor. Just as an FYI the glow will not drain the battery or effect the car in any negative way. We ran the reverse lights on our car for over a year without resistors and never had an issue. The glow really didn't bother me enough to put the resistors on but that's just me.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Moreboost88

Established Member
You could put resistors in and it would stop the glow completely. Even though the computer recognized the new non-conventional LED bulb the LED bulb itself doesn't have the same resistance which is why it will still glow without a resistor. Just as an FYI the glow will not drain the battery or effect the car in any negative way. We ran the reverse lights on our car for over a year without resistors and never had an issue. The glow really didn't bother me enough to put the resistors on but that's just me.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Ok, thanks

The glow doesn't really bother me that much either, I was just concerned I might get a ticket for them, but its likely I wouldn't

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Ok, thanks

The glow doesn't really bother me that much either, I was just concerned I might get a ticket for them, but its likely I wouldn't

I highly doubt you'll get a ticket for them. If so it will be the first time I've heard of that happening to a customer of ours.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread